LKQ Trip and Meet and Greet > APRIL 10TH, 2010.

Automan2164

Pete,

FWIW - Driving south around Chicago has always served me well by avoiding traffic and helped me avoid as many tolls as possible compared to bringing I-90 or I-94 THROUGH Chicago.

Coming from Kalamazoo I take I-94 south and then merge onto I-80 to come west. I then take I-80 west (towards Iowa) to I-39 and bring that north to the Rockford area (which is farther west of where Rob lives in Harvard...) I think this route will treat you well though, especially if you want to avoid Chicago traffic. You will have to pay two tolls this way, one east of Chicago right after you enter Illinois and another when you get off of I-39 to head back east to Robs. I believe they will both be 60 cents, make sure you can make exact change.

Lots of cool things to see on this route as well...

It'll be nice to finally meet you in person. - Brent

according to google, that adds an hour and 20 minutes to the drive. :( Ouch. sounds like a lose-lose choice to me. possible traffic time, or guaranteed drive time. :( :( :(

Umm... that's guaranteed traffic time vs. a nice drive in the country..

The Kennedy Expressway(I-90) is under construction right now... and to make things more lovely...

The Eisenhower Expressway(I-290) construction starts on Thursday(Apr 1)...

Sooo both of the more direct routes are under construction

The Tri-state Tollway(I-294) has some spot resurfacing that is going to be starting the next week or so.. but most of that is supposed to be overnight work. And those tolls are killers.

The Tri-state(I-294) to the Reagan Tollway(I-88) isn't bad... but its all tollway. And if you don't have I-pass get ready to get soaked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Inter ... 29_map.png

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

minor headache. seems I left more than my cellphone at home. I also left my plate tag for the dakota. Looks like I'll be calling my neighbor (from someone else's phone) in the morning and having them overnighted. :wall:

In the meantime, tomorrow I'll be mounting the tires up and installing the working radio. :D

holy crap, I was starting to think everyone I know in s/e michigan had left for the weekend. :dunno: Got a hold of my aunt though, and hopefully she'll get my phone and tags in the mail today. :clapping: