LKQ Trip and Meet and Greet > APRIL 10TH, 2010.

Automan2164

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is the executor..."she"????

Why can't we start earlier? I'm going to be up for a few hours before I leave the house for your place even if we start at 9... :dunce:

So the general plan for the day is to go to LKQ first, then the guy's AMC treasure trove and then come back to your place to hack up the rolled MJ?

Who is the executor..."she"????

Why can't we start earlier? I'm going to be up for a few hours before I leave the house for your place even if we start at 9... :dunce:

So the general plan for the day is to go to LKQ first, then the guy's AMC treasure trove and then come back to your place to hack up the rolled MJ?

If she wants to start at 9 or 10.. we aren't going to be able to hit LKQ first...

I think Brent is the only odd bird. :D LKQ doesn't even open until 9 AM. I guess I had just thought now, that maybe we could all kick off at this place, if it runs late, just get pizzas. LKQ is open until 6PM, so even if we end late, there is still plenty of time to swing by the Kilt on the way, or just skip it.

Rob L.

I'm still hoping for contact with the rolled MJ guy. :(

If I'm going to a junkyard, I'll have my sawzall. :D problem is I have only the one functioning battery. :fs1: screw you Craftsman.

Oh, and I just nabbed a pair of tires for the Dakota. :D I'm one step closer.

from the pub thread:

Updated list.

automan2164

89eliminator

Jeepdocdave

$500MJ

whowey

88MJXLS

Jakeman17

Pete_M

Geonovast

Possum

My thoughts are to have everyone come over to my place to meet, and head over from there. The shop is about 20 minutes away from me. If you don't know my addy, shoot me a PM, and I'll shoot it back.

Rob L.

thanks. :cheers:

and for what it's worth, I also have a 21 spline np231, 88 AW4, and a pair of WJ lower arms if you guys know anyone that needs them and wants me to haul them there.

I bet I'm up to 75% going. :D

Whatever we end up doing is fine with me. I'm game for whatever, just wondering what I should plan on bringing along with me so I'm prepared. If we go to the yard I (like you guys) could easily spend half a day there and not blink an eye. If we don't make it thats fine, I can always go on my own and I'd like to see this guy's place more than anything.

All my power tools are corded, if you guys need me to bring anything special just let me know. So far I'm just planning on bringing a toolbox full of the general 'yarding tools, Pat's 3.55 gears, and a wad of $$$$.

Pete,

FWIW - Driving south around Chicago has always served me well by avoiding traffic and helped me avoid as many tolls as possible compared to bringing I-90 or I-94 THROUGH Chicago.

Coming from Kalamazoo I take I-94 south and then merge onto I-80 to come west. I then take I-80 west (towards Iowa) to I-39 and bring that north to the Rockford area (which is farther west of where Rob lives in Harvard...) I think this route will treat you well though, especially if you want to avoid Chicago traffic. You will have to pay two tolls this way, one east of Chicago right after you enter Illinois and another when you get off of I-39 to head back east to Robs. I believe they will both be 60 cents, make sure you can make exact change.

Lots of cool things to see on this route as well...

It'll be nice to finally meet you in person. - Brent

The way it looks right now.

All 3 of us are coming up. So we'll probably be going to Madison that Friday night, to stay at my brother's. So Rob, I probably won't be spending the night Friday. This way too, Jo and the baby won't have to come along to the JY and shop. I'm sure Jo wouldn't mind, but I'm not bringing an 8 month old there. Especially one as loud as she is.

I'll also probably be staying up there a few more days since I'll have no immediate reason to come back to MO.

Pete, since I'll be going to Madison first, I'll see if my brother and his power tools want to come along. Not only has he not had a chance to use his sawzall yet(AFAIK), his are 19.2 V Craftsman, and I bought him an extra battery with the combo kit, so he's got 3.

I'm thinking we could come up through IL and stop by for a bit Friday night if you guys would like to meet the family.

Pete,

FWIW - Driving south around Chicago has always served me well by avoiding traffic and helped me avoid as many tolls as possible compared to bringing I-90 or I-94 THROUGH Chicago.

Coming from Kalamazoo I take I-94 south and then merge onto I-80 to come west. I then take I-80 west (towards Iowa) to I-39 and bring that north to the Rockford area (which is farther west of where Rob lives in Harvard...) I think this route will treat you well though, especially if you want to avoid Chicago traffic. You will have to pay two tolls this way, one east of Chicago right after you enter Illinois and another when you get off of I-39 to head back east to Robs. I believe they will both be 60 cents, make sure you can make exact change.

according to google, that adds an hour and 20 minutes to the drive. :( Ouch. sounds like a lose-lose choice to me. possible traffic time, or guaranteed drive time. :( :( :(

Pete,

Of course he could get off of I-39 in Rockford and only pay one toll...