from jp magizine oct issue

steve

sorry i coundnt get this any bigger

its kind of a breakdown of how the mj came about for those of us who didnt know, the little yellow caption box under the truck actually states tha jeep actually purchased a Africa based ford pickup to study the only unibody pickup in existence at the time.

but the title says jeep autopsy-( it should say birth of a legend) the rest doesnt matter .

jp maginzine oct 2006 issue.

sorry obout the pic .

Steve

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW good eye i didnt even notice it. Someone should write them and tell them they need to do a reprint. and i vote Pete since he rund this sh1t. :D

Just kidding but i think i might email them and let them know. ;)

Cole

WOW good eye i didnt even notice it. Someone should write them and tell them they need to do a reprint. and i vote Pete since he rund this sh1t. :D

Cole

how do you email them? i think we shoudl ALL email their asses

(especially since its only been out what? 4 days... we need to nip this in the bud. thats just embarassing.

I was reading that today.

Typical JP article. Kinda close to being right. Should have let Eagle write the article.

There is a guy I know in reader's rides this month. The red YJ with Cheby everything. Its a total poser shot of it.

Cole

i already emailed them. i also emailed them the MJ concept pic that someone made out of a commander also when i wanted to about CDX not making the Gladiator.

Alex

I looked over the article and didn't even notice that they didn't spell it right. DOH!

I subscribe to that magazine because it is all jeeps, but; they really kind of suck.

It's like it's written by teenagers. :nuts:

hey now I'm only 19 but i know more then i have ever seen written in Jp mag. seems like they have gone downhill. i mean the whole bree stuff and it also seems like they have been doing stuff that they find cool instead of doing stuff that jeepers want to know. also they must think everyone has money because they almost never do homemade stuff but rely on kits and custom made stuff from high dollar places. just my .

Alex

My opinion about the miss spelling has been sent, plus-

I realize that you, as a magazine publisher need to fill some articles of

interest between the pages of advertising, I would think that your proof readers

could have at least noticed the miss spelling of the name Comanche.

I like to add a little zinger here and there :brows:

And Alex, yes, I think you could write a detailed article on the MJ, better than the author of that article, that can not spell COMANCHE.

I looked over the article and didn't even notice that they didn't spell it right. DOH!

I subscribe to that magazine because it is all jeeps, but; they really kind of suck.

It's like it's written by teenagers. :nuts:

hey now I'm only 19 but i know more then i have ever seen written in Jp mag. seems like they have gone downhill. i mean the whole bree stuff and it also seems like they have been doing stuff that they find cool instead of doing stuff that jeepers want to know. also they must think everyone has money because they almost never do homemade stuff but rely on kits and custom made stuff from high dollar places. just my .

Alex

Yep, we goofed. Just like a few of you we didn't catch it either. Sorry 'bout that guys. I’m embarrassed. We make mistakes all the time...just like everyone else in the world. Thanks for understanding.

I noticed some of you disagree with the information printed. The majority of it came directly from Jeep, as did the images. I hope there was at least some bit of info about the MJ in there that you maybe did not know. That’s what we strive for.

I could sit and argue all day over unfounded negative comments about the magazine and it's staff but where would that really get me.

Let's look at the big picture here. We actually have an MJ owner on staff (Pete). No other off-road magazine does. We have done several stories that included the truck. We have several more planned. No other magazine even covers MJs. If the MJ owners that read Jp hate the magazine, its staff, and what we do why would we even bother running more stories on the MJ? Positive reinforcement is much more constructive than comments like this.

Thanks for your time,

John Cappa,

Editor, Jp Magazine

interest between the pages of advertising, I would think that your proof readers

And Alex, yes, I think you could write a detailed article on the MJ, better than the author of that article, that can not spell COMANCHE.

that is funny, good stuff. and thanks. but i might let my subscription end in june since this site has been way more help then Jp. all of us here are on the same level and help everyone out who wants to make their own stuff rather then fork over money for something. they have helped me out with a few things but not enough to keep it coming and just read articles on what their thoughts are about the rigs that they feature. i mean someone else asked what they should do with their 86 with the 2.8 once and they told him to sell it and find a better one since there were no other options. they might have mentioned the 3.4L swap but they forgot to tell the guy that he could have the later yeared 86 that can fit the 4.0 without any real mods. and they said that the 3.4 swap would be too hard or something when it is a straight bolt-in. also not too long ago did you see that they said the 4.0 was from the CDX 2.5L? when we all know the 4.0 is an AMC engine from the 2.5 they used. CDX had nothing to do with either of those engines.

i figured i would spice this up a bit since i bet this gets put in next months mailbox area. :popcorn:

Alex

Alex

No offense. . . :D

You may well know more about jeeps than I.

What I meant was their writing style is juvenile. I was thinking more of 13, not 19.

I agree with you. the whole thing with Bree. . .She is attractive and all, but; I really don't give a rat's about her opinions on anything. I get a jeep magazine for jeeps.

that is funny, good stuff. and thanks. but i might let my subscription end in june since this site has been way more help then Jp. all of us here are on the same level and help everyone out who wants to make their own stuff rather then fork over money for something. they have helped me out with a few things but not enough to keep it coming and just read articles on what their thoughts are about the rigs that they feature. i mean someone else asked what they should do with their 86 with the 2.8 once and they told him to sell it and find a better one since there were no other options. they might have mentioned the 3.4L swap but they forgot to tell the guy that he could have the later yeared 86 that can fit the 4.0 without any real mods. and they said that the 3.4 swap would be too hard or something when it is a straight bolt-in. also not too long ago did you see that they said the 4.0 was from the CDX 2.5L? when we all know the 4.0 is an AMC engine from the 2.5 they used. CDX had nothing to do with either of those engines.

i figured i would spice this up a bit since i bet this gets put in next months mailbox area. :popcorn:

Alex

Really? Wow. You kind of got part of it right. You forgot to mention the French tranny that's garbage and the fact that buying a used Comanche with the engine the guy wanted would be less expensive than making a swap like that.

Yes, the 2.5 was the basis for much of the 4.0. It came out first. So how do you explain them using the same internals (rockers for example). Again, straight from the mouths at Jeep.

No offense. . . :D

You may well know more about jeeps than I.

What I meant was their writing style is juvenile. I was thinking more of 13, not 19.

I agree with you. the whole thing with Bree. . .She is attractive and all, but; I really don't give a rat's about her opinions on anything. I get a jeep magazine for jeeps.

none taken. and i agree with the 13 thing and everything. and i 2nd that jeep mags are for jeeps, jeep builds, parts, trips, and everything dealing with jeeps.

and yes we have stated on here many times that the BA-10 is crap and most do a swap. but around here the swap for my 86 to the 3.4 was easier and cheaper then tracking down a 4.0 without rust holes everywhere. it all depends on where you are in the grand old USofA. like i still have yet to find a Gladiator around me that is even worth rebuilding. out west sure go look for a newer 4.0 MJ. at least out there they are not eaten alive by road salt like here. and about the engines, the 4.0 being built and researched and tested before CDX got their hands on jeep. i have a 3 spare 4.0s and one has the AMC logo stamped into it not the chrysler star like the other 2. but i don't think the people at jeep today know anything since they are makin jeep build cars and not listenin to their fans and buildin the gladiator instead.

Alex

JpEditor -

It is commendable that you join us here, and reply to our concern an this article.

I would agree with your statment that most other magazines do not even write articles concerning the MJ.

I thank you for this effort :clapping:

So, I'll say, hang around for some time, pick up some info here, and enjoy the little corner of the web we have here, as MJ owners.

Very agreeable that mistakes happen, that's why we have this - :wall:

And keep Pete M more in your scope of work :thumbsup:

JpEditor -

It is commendable that you join us here, and reply to our concern an this article.

I would agree with your statment that most other magazines do not even write articles concerning the MJ.

I thank you for this effort :clapping:

So, I'll say, hang around for some time, pick up some info here, and enjoy the little corner of the web we have here, as MJ owners.

Very agreeable that mistakes happen, that's why we have this - :wall:

And keep Pete M more in your scope of work :thumbsup:

yeahthat.gif

just talkin as a hardcore jeep fan and proud MJ owner. i will say one thing though, i do like what they have done with that 2wd MJ they got their hands on. bout time they find one so they can be more on our level with some stuff rather then the FSJ builds all the time. :cheers:

Alex

Yep, we goofed. Just like a few of you we didn't catch it either. Sorry 'bout that guys. I’m embarrassed. We make mistakes all the time...just like everyone else in the world. Thanks for understanding.

I noticed some of you disagree with the information printed. The majority of it came directly from Jeep, as did the images. I hope there was at least some bit of info about the MJ in there that you maybe did not know. That’s what we strive for.

I could sit and argue all day over unfounded negative comments about the magazine and it's staff but where would that really get me.

Let's look at the big picture here. We actually have an MJ owner on staff (Pete). No other off-road magazine does. We have done several stories that included the truck. We have several more planned. No other magazine even covers MJs. If the MJ owners that read Jp hate the magazine, its staff, and what we do why would we even bother running more stories on the MJ? Positive reinforcement is much more constructive than comments like this.

Thanks for your time,

John Cappa,

Editor, Jp Magazine

Mr. Cappa,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Here is some positive reinforcement for you:

I'm glad you are going to cover MJ's more in the future.

I like your magazine and will continue to subscribe.

I enjoy the coverage of events and the autopsy articles are a good addition.

I have learned a few things from your magazine and from these internet boards.

That said, I see people write in your magazine all the time complaining about various things in your mag. Some of it I agree with and some I do not. Just like everything else in the world. But; when they do complain, you many times belittle them in your responses rather than take their complaints constructively. (since they are your customer)

I do stick to my guns though on the teenager statement. A lot of times the wording in your articles is juvenile.

I agree with the folks that write in to complain about Bree. Nothing against her personally as I don't know her. But; her articles add nothing to the content of the mag. Some people are offended by the fact that she appears in the mag half naked and in seductive poses. That does not offend me. I don't have small kids anymore but; some folks do.

I find her attractive. It's just that she is out of place in a magazine for Jeeps.

thanks for your time.

Mike.

Let's look at the big picture here. We actually have an MJ owner on staff (Pete).

John Cappa,

Editor, Jp Magazine

Just in case anyone was wondering, no that's not me he's referring too. :D Although I would work for pennies a day. :brows:

And in Cappa's defense, I find JP the most entertaining read of all my 4x4 mags. :bowdown: Even articles I have no particular interest in learning anything from, I'll still read because they're usually funny. :D

Oh, and if he comes back again, this question is for him: I was wondering specifically where you got the info for the article and can we get ahold of that person? Is there a Jeep phone number we can call? I'd like to iron out some of the discrepencies. (like when exactly was the 242 offered in an MJ? or what the heck is an "optional" gear ratio? I don't remember that.) Thanks!

Jeep on!

--Pete

:popcorn:

Wow, our little 'ol club is finally getting some exposure. This is getting exciting!

Mr. Cappa, big thanks for taking the time to register and respond to the comments posted so far. In my eyes, that's beyond what a lot of others would have done....kudos to you.

I haven't read the article (yet), so I can't say anything about it's content either way. The MJ moniker is probably one of the most misspelled words ever, and an easy mistake to make ;) Us MJ'ers tend to get a little fanatical about our vehicles sometimes, since we're so few and far between. We invite you to meet our club members, and look forward to your publication's furthur support of our favorite Jeep. There's plently of buildups here done by members, from stock restorations to full-out builds, to provide content for the several upcoming MJ articles you mentioned. A few notables come to mind immediately, but for a quick overview, please be sure to visit the "introduce your Comanche" post at the top of this section of the forum. Enjoy!

Thanks,

Jeff

Let's look at the big picture here. We actually have an MJ owner on staff (Pete).

John Cappa,

Editor, Jp Magazine

Just in case anyone was wondering, no that's not me he's referring too. :D

It's not you??? Well it should be ;)

We all know that you have many irons in the fire, and adding another task for you to handle would just add to the many adventures that you have going :brows:

I'm glad that JpEditor has joined in there, there may be some good coming out of all of this. Major Recognition for the ComancheClub and the MJ. :yes:

:popcorn: