from jp magizine oct issue

steve

Like bra size?

sure if you want to ask. lol. here is an example from the oct issue.

"If you could own any Jeep, what would it be?" - reader

"A black or white '79 CJ-5 rebuilt from the ground up with fiberglass body, a 304 V8, and all the bells, whistles, and amenitites. If anyone is willing to build and donate it to me, don't be shy. Be sure to contact me ASAP!" - Bree

others have been like "how do i get your autograph?", "what is your favorite Jeep?", stuff like that. most the time the questions are jeep related but not always.

Alex

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Gents...she is not unattractive! :brows:

But enough about her...the real meat is that this group as a whole persuaded John Cappa, the editor of Jp Magazine, to actually respond to the rantings and arguements about that issue.......Stand up guy is a very good discription, because I don't think you would have got the same response from Hot Rod or Classic Cheby.

I have looked at a few issues, yes they seem to be written around the 11th grade level, but I would rather my kids talk Jeep than dope.

In this "digital age" magazines are finding it harder to sell because of sites like this, so they rely on advertising to keep them afloat. It's those advertisers that give them the tools and parts in creating the articals with hopes we buy what is being sold.

We don't stop watching Two Guys in a garage or Trucks just because we can't afford the tools or parts, it makes us dream up ways to do the same thing.......cheaper :D

Wayne S

Actually Gents...she is not unattractive! :brows:

But enough about her...the real meat is that this group as a whole persuaded John Cappa, the editor of Jp Magazine, to actually respond to the rantings and arguements about that issue.......Stand up guy is a very good discription, because I don't think you would have got the same response from Hot Rod or Classic Cheby.

I have looked at a few issues, yes they seem to be written around the 11th grade level, but I would rather my kids talk Jeep than dope.

In this "digital age" magazines are finding it harder to sell because of sites like this, so they rely on advertising to keep them afloat. It's those advertisers that give them the tools and parts in creating the articals with hopes we buy what is being sold.

We don't stop watching Two Guys in a garage or Trucks just because we can't afford the tools or parts, it makes us dream up ways to do the same thing.......cheaper :D

Wayne S

I agree with everything said. But 'Stone Cold Goldberg' made me stop watching Trucks! every weekend. So technically it WAS the content that made me stop.

I agree with everything said. But 'Stone Cold Goldberg' made me stop watching Trucks! every weekend. So technically it WAS the content that made me stop.

Funny I stopped watching as well; Stacy was /is a hard act to follow

I am guilty of missing the spelling error as well, but I did write in about the statement on page 25 "10 hot mills"

They stated and I quote

(Jeep 4.0L introduced in the XJ in 1988 and was designed after Chrysler's 2.5L four-cylinder)

Yeah Right...that’s a bigger mistake that misspelled words, that is just inexcusable.

He said MOST of the info came from chrysler and thats where i think he messed up mostly the earlier info should have come from someone who really knows Jeep cause if you look at the new models odviously Chrysler don't know anything about the history IMO. Or they just don't care and thats where the problem lies. Hell they probably are the ones that really spelled comanche wrong anyways. :shake:

Cole

I went to the dealership today for parts, first time, and the guy had to check with me that it was a pickup cause he didn't think Jeep made one. The Comanche is an unknown breed.

lol. i know what you mean there. noone at the jeep dealer i worked at drove jeeps. then i showed up driving a comanche or 2 and none of them had ever seen one. i think these things must be from a parallel universe or somthing.

Alex

Funny I stopped watching as well; Stacy was /is a hard act to follow

I am guilty of missing the spelling error as well, but I did write in about the statement on page 25 "10 hot mills"

They stated and I quote

(Jeep 4.0L introduced in the XJ in 1988 and was designed after Chrysler's 2.5L four-cylinder)

Yeah Right...that’s a bigger mistake that misspelled words, that is just inexcusable.

Could be a case of Daimler 'revising' history. Kinda like when they said it was a 'merger of equals'.

I went to the dealership today for parts, first time, and the guy had to check with me that it was a pickup cause he didn't think Jeep made one. The Comanche is an unknown breed.

lol. i know what you mean there. noone at the jeep dealer i worked at drove jeeps. then i showed up driving a comanche or 2 and none of them had ever seen one. i think these things must be from a parallel universe or somthing.

Alex

I had the same experince as well thats how i ended up with a aftermarket rear bumper.

They ordered it 3 times and each time I went to pick it up it always was a bumper from a minivan not even close .

And after a short heated conversation I got my money back and went on line and found one that was close to the original .

they just don't get it and never will.

Alex

that sucks how do you work at a Jp dealer and not drive one...

here's a couple of picks of my Jp dealerships "play toy"....

DSC_0120.JPG

465784374lQwtGd_ph.jpg

my parts guy is the one driving....he's married to one of the dealership owners. jamminz.gif

that is a nice looking TJ. everyone at my dealership drove Rams, PTs, Crossfires, Dakotas, or one guy drove an 85 Stang. I drove the MJs and once took in my K-10 to show off. But the nice thing was the discounts. but for body parts i went to my uncles paint store and had him order me rear bumpers and stuff since CDX must not have the MJs in their database. i think they are embarassed that Jeep actually had some cool trucks like the MJ and FSJs. Idiots.

Alex

Cappa took a bunch of crappa over at IFSJA a few times. Still does. He still hangs out and defends JP. It's his baby and he should. He is by all accounts, a good guy.

I think JP sucks tho'.

COMMANCHEESE is what killed Custer. Govt. Commancheese! :P