Anyone looking for bed-side Patch Panels?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For the post above about the NOS wide trac cherokee body, the one sold on ebay did not come from my place, but I have one just like it.

Sorry for jumping to the conclusion, :doh:

I saw a post on IFSJA about you possibly selling your NOS Cherokee body, and the Ebay auction popped up a week, or so after,

I figured what would be the chance of two DIFFERENT 30 year old, NOS Cherokee bodies showing up for sale within a couple weeks of each other.

me = :dunce:

Hey guys,

Glad you all like what I have to sell. For the 6 foot bedsides, the extra foot is between the cab and the wheel, if you will, so all you do is take the 12" off the front of the bedside skin of the 7' and it fits the 6'. So, yes, I have bed sides for the 6' beds. I also have two comanches here out back. One is complete and one is missing the front end sheetmetal and the drivetrain, but the cab and bed are nice. It has a cap on it so even the inside of the bed is nice. Thanks all,

Zack

Hey guys,

Glad you all like what I have to sell. For the 6 foot bedsides, the extra foot is between the cab and the wheel, if you will, so all you do is take the 12" off the front of the bedside skin of the 7' and it fits the 6'. So, yes, I have bed sides for the 6' beds. I also have two comanches here out back. One is complete and one is missing the front end sheetmetal and the drivetrain, but the cab and bed are nice. It has a cap on it so even the inside of the bed is nice. Thanks all,

Zack

Sorry to shoot you down here Zach, but the longbeds are proportionally longer on each side of the wheel well, not just inbetween the cab and the wheelwell. Just taking 12" off the front wouldn't work out well...

Rob L. :dunno:

Hey guys,

Zack

I'm with Rob on the bed skin differences.

this saturday I'm picking up an mj swb bed that has oem bed skins riveted on it...I'll pull the bed skins (bedsides) off of it and scrap the rest, since there are all sorts of holes cut in the floor of it. I can get you some exact measurements off of them.

Is anyone else a little dissapointed with the taillight end of the piece? I guess I was expecting it to do that last curve inward right above the taillight :( Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled to have anything at all its just gonna be harder to get that part straight on mine now.

Is anyone else a little dissapointed with the taillight end of the piece? I guess I was expecting it to do that last curve inward right above the taillight :( Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled to have anything at all its just gonna be harder to get that part straight on mine now.

:agree:

That's definitely not what i was expecting to see. Mine has huge dents in the curve below the tail lights & i was hoping this could be a good replacement for that instead of fighting with the body work...

Trim to fit patch panels are usually just a good starting point for a repair.

(not to answer for Zach, since I've already put my foot in my mouth atleast once in this thread :waving: ),

but adding bends that xx% might not need, or use adds cost to everyone who buys the part.

Usually with patch panels, they try to cover the most bases, for the lowest cost.

I could see someone making a separate (smaller) 'bed-corner' piece that had all those compound bends in & around the taillight, but a detailed piece like that is tough to do (= $$$)

Trim to fit patch panels are usually just a good starting point for a repair.

(not to answer for Zach, since I've already put my foot in my mouth atleast once in this thread :waving: ),

but adding bends that xx% might not need, or use adds cost to everyone who buys the part.

Usually with patch panels, they try to cover the most bases, for the lowest cost.

I could see someone making a separate (smaller) 'bed-corner' piece that had all those compound bends in & around the taillight, but a detailed piece like that is tough to do (= $$$)

:agree:

Keeping it flat with no radius on the back, is a good way keep it cheap... This bedside would cover the problem most of us have, Big rusty wheelwells.

I am just glad there is someone making these to be honest with ya. One-less thing to deal with.

Rob L. :D

I'd rather see the complete setup....spot welds are easier than vertical stitch welds.

Without a doubt,

but the only way the factory could economically produce these was to make huge expensive dies for every separate body panel, and stamp them out of sheetmetal.

God knows where the dies ended up, but without them, I'd be scared to think what it would cost someone to reproduce the complete 1-piece MJ bedside stamping.

That's why when someone found a complete NOS bedside, I figured the best place for it was hanging on a shop wall,

since you will likely never ever see another production run of them.

That's why when someone found a complete NOS bedside, I figured the best place for it was hanging on a shop wall,

since you will likely never ever see another production run of them.

Agree X1000.

Something so rare doesn't belong on a truck, unless its a truck of SUBSTANTIAL importance... IE, First, last, or only...

Rob L.