sad choice to be made...

dfreeman616

so the comanche's biggest drawback is lack of space...at least with a family. i don't have the resources at the time to do an extended cab comanche/cheromanche project or keep it as an additional vehicle, so it's time to replace the MJ with an extended cab chevy k1500 4x4/350/auto. pics to come. i'll still be around, someday i'll probably get another comanche, and for now i still have a 99 xj to fill the jeep fix.

Maybe it's because most of my MJs are not really worth anything, but I've never even thought about giving one up because I needed a new vehicle. :dunno: I'll just have an extra rig around. (or more precisely, another extra rig :D)

I'm not sure if you already have one or not, or have ever had one, but a spare running tagged vehicle around is a great thing to have. I can't even count how many times Ive had to turn to my spare vehicle because one of the others could not be driven for whatever reason. If you can, keep it around just to have that little insurance policy of a spare car when its needed. You won't regret it!

we'll have 2 vehicles tagged still, but i can't afford to keep around a 3rd vehicle right now. aside from the money flowing out, i don't have the storage for it. the money saved by not insuring and tagging a 3rd vehicle is going to pay off debt quicker, which will mean less interest payments, which means i'll have more money in the long run that latter i can get a comanche and make it into what i want. but for now, i just can't do it.

and as for the chevy, not a bad deal. decent overall condition, some rust (michigan), runs great. even came with an extra set of axles for it, with a brand new detroit locker for the rear :brows: no money out on it either :D

Ben there, done that in having to sell a vehicle ... actually, two ... I really wanted to keep. But, family must come first. First was a 66 ford 1/2 ton 4x2 short box 6cyl 3onthetree. Next was a 64 ChevyII Station wagon 283 3onthetree. Hoping, now that kids are in their 30's that I get to keep my 'manche, but if push comes to shove .... :dunno:

Not having the space is a concern, but tagging/insuring my trucks cost less than $100 a year (per truck of course).

Psh, I hate being eighteen, my MJ's insurance costs $100 per month, with another $70 per month for the mustang, and that's state minumum....

Sorry :hijack:

:thumbsup: Keep the MJ as a lawn ornament until you need to tag it.

Not having the space is a concern, but tagging/insuring my trucks cost less than $100 a year (per truck of course).

Psh, I hate being eighteen, my MJ's insurance costs $100 per month, with another $70 per month for the mustang, and that's state minumum....

Sorry :hijack:

:thumbsup: Keep the MJ as a lawn ornament until you need to tag it.

I'm 20, have 5 jeeps, 2 trailers, a 38' Chris Craft and a Deuce and half all insured through USAA and I still only pay $200 a month for everything. Although only 2 jeeps run, I live on the boat and my deuce is parked because of my shoulder injury,

I can't stand not having use of my right arm, I can't drive any of my comanches because therye all 5 speed. So I have my own little Village of Vehicles in the Marina.

Sorry. :hijack: