Movie Sahara with a comanche in it??

Lenard

The one with Matthew McConaughey, i was watching it today and seen the Comanche in it. until i they had a close up of it i seen it said Cherokee on the side, what do you guys think, somebody messed up and put the wrong emblem on it? or a Cherokee that was cut up and a bed put on?

yes it is on fire :fs1:

Its a 2-4 door cherokee... Modded to look like a MJ... They put the cab vents on it, and bondo'ed the rear doors out... I was told it was because they weren't allowed to destroy the MJ, so they made a stunt double to blow up.

Rob L.

not to sound like a ahole, but how do u know this? :dunno: image_209027.gif

I'm with him :hmm:

On the contrary, is sufficient data. Actual measurements on a 2 DR XJ 47"X47" produced an aspect ratio of 1.1 Rounded off to nearest whole number. Measurement on 4Dr XJ was 47X38 for a aspect ratio of 1.2. On the photo the door measures 4"X4" for a aspect ratio of 1.1. therefore the door in the pic is of a 2dr XJ . Leading me to conclude the truck was driven by an extremely obese person and they had to stretch the cab so he (she) could get their fat *ss in it.

It's an XJ cut down.

Its a 2-4 door cherokee... Modded to look like a MJ... They put the cab vents on it, and bondo'ed the rear doors out... I was told it was because they weren't allowed to destroy the MJ, so they made a stunt double to blow up.

Rob L.

not to sound like a ahole, but how do u know this? :dunno: image_209027.gif

I'm with him :hmm:

I have sources. Look at the scene again. Its an actual MJ at first, then this abortion getting blown up. The MJ could not be destroyed per the vehicle rental company.

Rob L.

Not only is that a hacked-up Cherokee burning instead of the MJ, the fullsize Jeep had a stand-in also. Neither rig driving across the desert is seen burning in the later scene. :thumbsup:

Note the mirrors on the driving SJ:

and then the mirrors on the burning SJ:

This is what I am talking about: Original MJ:

642.jpg

See the bed/cab line? The vent, a true MJ. Even has a gas door, on the wrong side, but there... Its common for film makers to "flip" screens to achieve a better desired angle... Look at the wheels on this too... Look like the steelies found on the late model XJ's.

The abortion:

No cab/bed line, early '90's alum alloys, not an actual cab vent, but something just shaped like it(no "vents") its a solid piece, also the crappy mocked bed rails, the chopped up looking roof and what not.

Hollywood trickery. As I said. MJ was saved, an XJ was the stunt double... I believe a 4 door at that... The front door has almost a square window, the 2 doors are more of a long rectangle.

Rob L. :smart: :D