Movie Sahara with a comanche in it??

Lenard

imcdb.org is where all those pics came from.... long name is the internet movie car database... it's like imdb (internet movie database) but with just the cars... you can search any make and model and if it was in a movie and they have pics it'll be posted up there....

• 7 months later...

Hi Guy's

Just to let you know my MJ that featured in the Sahara movie is safe and sound back in the UK.

The film company did want to destroy the Jeep while it was out on set in Morroco, but the contract I'd drawn up prevented that happening, and it had to be returned to the UK. They did however, make a bit of a mess of what was a fairly tidy example prior to them using it for the movie. It was returned with extensive damage to the LH rear 1/4 and covered in stage paint. This paint was reported to be water based and wash off-able, but unfortuneatly it isn't.

The stand in modified XJ was the only way they could complete the set.

My MJ was a LHD 2.5L 5 speed manual 2wd but is now in the process of being converted to RHD and will feature a 97> XJ face lift inc dash & interior from a UK 2001 XJ 4L Auto Classic.

Engine choice is undecided, due to the cost of fuel I may used the donor vehicle's 4L motor that's only done 40K mile's and run it on LPG with an AX15 manual transmission, 242 transfer box and 3.67 diffs, or install one of the CRD diesels that are supplied in our BUX Jeeps.

It lives to see another day!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks for the update. :typing: :waving:

Cool to have a 'Movie Star' here. :yes:

Now if we could just get Halle Berry and her MJ to stop by :drool: .

525.jpg