New XJ, again

Geonovast

How much did you pick it up for?

$3800. Not a great deal, but I don't think it was too bad.

nice. whats the problem going into 4wd couldnt make the pic out. what was wrong with tho old xj except for the aw4

The shift linkage going to the lever on the T-case has been cut/broken and re-welded. This gives it an improper length, and allows too much flex for it to operate properly.

The 88 needed possibly a flexplate and/or Torque converter, new front coil springs, a new oil pan, new shocks all around, new exhaust from the manifold back, main bearings/rod bearings, windshield work, new door seals, new driver's side rear door, door locks... etc. That one's getting parked with the MJs until spring, when I should be able to halfway tear it down, and rebuild it up into a nice XJ, with a more me-appropriate transmission.

You can see the exhaust that fell off the 88 on the way to get the 99, strapped to the roof.

How much did you pick it up for?

$3800. Not a great deal, but I don't think it was too bad.

nice. whats the problem going into 4wd couldnt make the pic out. what was wrong with tho old xj except for the aw4

The shift linkage going to the lever on the T-case has been cut/broken and re-welded. This gives it an improper length, and allows too much flex for it to operate properly.

The 88 needed possibly a flexplate and/or Torque converter, new front coil springs, a new oil pan, new shocks all around, new exhaust from the manifold back, main bearings/rod bearings, windshield work, new door seals, new driver's side rear door, door locks... etc. That one's getting parked with the MJs until spring, when I should be able to halfway tear it down, and rebuild it up into a nice XJ, with a more me-appropriate transmission.

koolso what are you gunna do with the new xj once the old xj is fixed. and don't you have frame damage on the blue mj to fix first?

very nice. but i got a bone to pick with you....why didnt you tell me you had the mjs down here?? :hmm: maybe i missed a thread on here....but now that i know you got em here, ill have to come and see em :D

Pretty sure I told you. :hmm:

Come on out whenever, I don't do much.

very nice. but i got a bone to pick with you....why didnt you tell me you had the mjs down here?? :hmm: maybe i missed a thread on here....but now that i know you got em here, ill have to come and see em :D

Pretty sure I told you. :hmm:

Come on out whenever, I don't do much.

maybe you did, hell i don't know, i forget about 95% of everything that i hear,just ask my Dad he'll tell ya :yes: sometime when i got a free weekend (not full of schoolwork) and its warmer than like 2 degrees, ill head down thata way.

I remember that we looked at one like that on up the road, but I don't remember the name of the place. We didn't drive the XJ because they had a 2000 WJ Red with black leather at that time that had just been washed and pulled outside as we were getting out of the truck, which is the trigger that caused my search parameters to change. ;)

Scott

Looks like a previous owner upgraded the wheels. I don't think you could have gotten those alloy wheels with the SE package. I believe they were an option on the Sport package and standard on the Classic. Question - does it have power windows, door locks, and mirrors?

I think you paid a little too much for it, but you'll likely wind up getting enough value out of the thing to justify the cost.

Power mirrors, manual locks and windows.

I know I could have gotten a better deal up in WI, but we were somewhat in a pinch, and this was the best one we could find.

Yea, my comment also comes with not knowing what the market is like in that area. I'm in central NJ, right between two major cities (NYC and Philly) and the market is flooded with XJs of all years, colors and, best of all, prices! I'm currently on the market for one myself, which would make three...