nerf bars?

anyone know where they sell "nerf bars" ??? I like them on trucks.. or do they look ghey? :D :waving:

if you like them that is all that matters. I personally don't like them because the only function the provide are looks and steps. I take mine into the woods and if I had them they would get destroyed.

the question is . do you offroad in your truck, if you do you should make some rock sliders . they serve pretty much the same purpose and are much stronger

They do not serve he same purpose at all. As stated, nerf bars are for "looks"; secondarily as a step up. And yes - wannabee ghey. 8)

Leave the nerf stuff to the kids . However an alternative to steel , is the new fiberglass resin parts .

Nock it if you want , but I've seen some of that stuff in action . That $#!& is tough !

Also doesn't weigh what the solid steel does , if your interested in keeping your truck light .

Wow. It's a good thing the forum is here to save me from making my truck look ghey. I'll see if I can find some ghey person to buy mine and not put them on the truck. :roll:

I've seen worst things around than a set of nerf bars on the truck. OP if you like the look, it doesn't matter what others think. Just if you wheel it, remember thier purpose and you will be fine.

And yes, I like the looks and I'll have them on my build unless things change when it's time to put them on.

:cheers:

Hey Paul, we are all here to help you from making the wrong decisions, although you haven't made any so far AFAIK. :D I put a set on mine I picked up for cheap on Ebay a few years ago (chrome of course); immediate dislike. Maybe black powder coat wouldn't look quite so ghey. :D

Wow. It's a good thing the forum is here to save me from making my truck look ghey. I'll see if I can find some ghey person to buy mine and not put them on the truck. :roll:

I've seen worst things around than a set of nerf bars on the truck. OP if you like the look, it doesn't matter what others think. Just if you wheel it, remember thier purpose and you will be fine.

And yes, I like the looks and I'll have them on my build unless things change when it's time to put them on.

:cheers:

IMHO, i don't give a rip if ther look ghey, or turn it into the coolest truck ever. bottom line is, if you put them on, kiss your rockers and cab corners goodbye.

MJs like to rust, nerf bars like to make trucks rust. bad combo......

(at least in snow&salt country)

Nerfs have nothing to do with making a truck rust faster. Aluminum running boards will though. There are not a lot of MJ nerfs left to choose from.

You can easily get a set of 97-01 standard cab, short bed Dodge Ram nerf bars and modify them to fit the MJ.

They will go from the front flare to the rear flare on a SWB MJ. I was going to go this route on mine. But, my plans changed and I went 97 instead.

the question is . do you offroad in your truck, if you do you should make some rock sliders . they serve pretty much the same purpose and are much stronger

They do not serve he same purpose at all. As stated, nerf bars are for "looks"; secondarily as a step up. And yes - wannabee ghey. 8)

what i was saying is that both can be used as a step and a well built set of rock sliders can look pretty cool

Thanks Chris ! The only thing I don't like about those , is how their welded to that flat plate .

I would like to see a little more metal at that joint . Seems to me that they could bend or break at the joint .

The plate is fine but it just looks like it could bend . I don't know ? :dunno:

I'd like to see some opinions . Maybe a gusset would help ? Or are they made pretty beefy .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dee-Zee-NERF-BARS-jeep-COMANCHE-truck-92-91-90-89-88-87_W0QQitemZ250557879510QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3a5669d4d6

I personally don't like side steps on any truck, but here's a set i figured i'd put up, think there the ones hornbrod was talking about

Similar 88pioneer, except the ones I had were longer and specifically for the LWB MJs. Didn't know they were still around. They required drilling into the subframe and attaching w. self-tapping bolts. I sold them for more than I bought them for, so that's always nice. :D The JCR sliders are robust and look good IMHO.