Holy Crap can you believe this

mfpdm

holy hell!! i have 3 extra sets laying around, all in mint condition. cha-ching....

Quick, post them up with a Buy it now price of $300. :D That's what the second bidder offered on those and was out bid.

:cheers:

That's what happens man yea that's what happens when your dealing in good parts for an obsolete vehicle . . .

you should see 68'-70' AMX part's $800-$1,200 for hoods n truck lids. . .$2,500 for 1/4 panels fender's as high $750.

Mike

Yea, I seen this last night.......got this going over here-

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=20882&view=unread#unread

Paul......you should have no problem selling them brand new, never installed virgin tail lights for $300.........each :teehee:

Whats even crazier......this time of the year, e-bay slows down some......but seeing these sell for that coin....... :shake:

Yea, I seen this last night.......got this going over here-

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=20882&view=unread#unread

Paul......you should have no problem selling them brand new, never installed virgin tail lights for $300.........each :teehee:

Whats even crazier......this time of the year, e-bay slows down some......but seeing these sell for that coin....... :shake:

:dunce: I didn't catch that until after I posted this one.

You'll never see my virgins on anything but my truck. They are priceless to me. :D

Well, maybe a $1000 would pry them away. :yes:

:cheers:

I want to see if the deals actually closes. I have had situations on flea bay where the owner of an object, had a friend bid an item up... then when I finally stop bidding and auction closes owner offering for my last high bid.... I promptly reported seller. Thats why I don't like flea bay

You see a lot of stuff on EBay for front end components,lights, lenses, grill etc but they're compatable with MJ_XJ. Bigger market base.Tail end stuff for MJ, not that big of demand. I wouldn't count on it but then I wouldn't be surprised to see some of this stuff, Lenses, tailgates, etc, made in China, start showing up on EBay.

$345 :fs1: the more people that do this, the higher the prices will get and next thing you know every tail light set is going to be $350. . .

Mike

I don't think we'll see that,

but if we do, atleast you'll see $150 MJ's for sale..... without taillights ;)

as it becomes cheaper to buy a whole truck for $500, grab the taillights, and dump the rest. :nuts:

Honestly tho, I'd hate to see even a single MJ get scrapped because the owner couldn't find taillights/get an inspection sticker. :roll:

Well even the over achieving under dog AMC did figure on these truck still being around 20 years n 200,000 miles later . . .

They designed MJ with a 10-15 year life span of 100-150K miles, once again AMC's over engineering got a truck with a life span of 30years n 300K miles.

The Full size J-truck's 30, 40, 50 years later 300K, 400K, 500k miles later still rolling around . . . So it's not really there first time doing this either.

There is an older gentle man in the Dell's who has a 1969 AMX 390 4spd with 280,000 miles on it all original he washes it n waxes it keeps it polished up doesn't drive it in the winter but from May-October is on the road 5-7 days a week, He also has the Manual for it and has been maintaining it by the book, his goal was to put 300K on it and then rebuild the whole car and do it again.

Now look at the MJ's around ? now look at the 1982-92 Rangers, S-10's, and Dakota's for the same time frame twice as many built half as many left ! heck even most of the 82'-92' Ricer import truck's have vanished . . . just food for thought to the durability of an AMC product, which i think is why it's a shame most of the Good MJ's are going to end up gutted for parts for a quick kill on ebay then poof supplies are up demand drop's parts go worthless nothing left to fix but the junk ones . . .

At least this is how i see it going anyhow. . .

Mike

Well even the over achieving under dog AMC did figure on these truck still being around 20 years n 200,000 miles later . . .

They designed MJ with a 10-15 year life span of 100-150K miles, once again AMC's over engineering got a truck with a life span of 30years n 300K miles.

The Full size J-truck's 30, 40, 50 years later 300K, 400K, 500k miles later still rolling around . . . So it's not really there first time doing this either.

There is an older gentle man in the Dell's who has a 1969 AMX 390 4spd with 280,000 miles on it all original he washes it n waxes it keeps it polished up doesn't drive it in the winter but from May-October is on the road 5-7 days a week, He also has the Manual for it and has been maintaining it by the book, his goal was to put 300K on it and then rebuild the whole car and do it again.

Now look at the MJ's around ? now look at the 1982-92 Rangers, S-10's, and Dakota's for the same time frame twice as many built half as many left ! heck even most of the 82'-92' Ricer import truck's have vanished . . . just food for thought to the durability of an AMC product, which i think is why it's a shame most of the Good MJ's are going to end up gutted for parts for a quick kill on ebay then poof supplies are up demand drop's parts go worthless nothing left to fix but the junk ones . . .

At least this is how i see it going anyhow. . .

Mike

Well Said!!! :yes:

image_209027.gif