Why does this always happen?

1990 Pioneer 4x4

Because its NOT DESIGNED as a submarine!!!! :doh: :doh: :doh:

Water crossings, need to be done SLOWLY and CAREFULLY. Even then only done if necessary and at KNOWN areas where the depth is not too deep to cause stalling. Personally, I don't go in the water. But the couple times I have needed to, I stop at the top of the tire.

Obviously you have exceeded the depth your jeep can cross, find a shallower spot. Better yet... STAY OUT OF THE WATER!!! :yes: :yes:

CW

Where that mark is.. he isn't in danger of hydro locking the motor. Even the opening in the stock intake is higher than that. You have to be careful when entering water to make sure that you aren't going to submerge the engine.

Most likely you are shorting out something. Take a look at your block ground. It might be loose, and you lose connection, causing the engine to stall.

Got carpet?

Yes, and I’m having troubles getting it dry. Started out bailing, then wet vac, dry rags, and the fan has been blowing on it since last night. It's still wet... What would you do (besides staying out of the water)?

i had a minimal amount of water come through my doors back in spring. i ended up taking the entire carpet out and letting it dry. it took a solid 4 days to fully dry but that partially because of a few humid days.

There is no way I know of to get the carpet completely dry while its in the truck. The problem isn't the carpet per se, its all the noise and insulating padding they put under the carpet and jute.

Best bet is to take it out to dry it.

i wanna try that

There are a couple of places at the Cliff's you can drop in over your hood when its wet....

I need 4wd first

No you don't.... unless you actually plan to get through the holes..... :yes:

Once the carpet gets wet, you pretty much have to take it out to dry. Yes, it'll eventually dry in place -- but not before you generate a whole lot of mildew and mold spores, which you will then be breathing for as long as you own the vehicle.