What is this magic machine worth?

Darren

Its an Allen Group Model 10-080 On-Board Computer Diagnostic Supplement - 42-000 series Digital Engine Analyzer.

Wow, thats a mouthful. My Dad got it from the college a few years ago, and he had no use for it, so he gave it to me. Well I don't want it, its too big, even though it is pretty cool.

So what do you think its worth?

practically nothing, no one uses them anymore. they actually used to be about twice that size, and now we do more with a scan tool that fits in the palm of your hand. mechanics don't even know how to use that anymore.

it will look really cool in your garage though :clapping:

practically nothing, no one uses them anymore. they actually used to be about twice that size, and now we do more with a scan tool that fits in the palm of your hand. mechanics don't even know how to use that anymore.

it will look really cool in your garage though :clapping:

:agree:

Looks cool, worth nothing. Maybe a couple hundered to someone who knows how to use it...

Rob L.

Only thing worthwhile on that would be the oscilliscope feature.

For what?

The last time I use an oscilloscope... Well, let's just say I'm glad the AC systems on the helicopters (that do actually have them) are basically bomb-proof.

I can't think of a time that I've needed one for automotive use. Nor for household use.

For what?

The last time I use an oscilloscope... Well, let's just say I'm glad the AC systems on the helicopters (that do actually have them) are basically bomb-proof.

I can't think of a time that I've needed one for automotive use. Nor for household use.

Best way to check for hall effect cam and crank sensors, voltage spike on coils, injectors etc. The more you play with them, the more uses you find for them.

For what?

Best way to check for hall effect cam and crank sensors, voltage spike on coils, injectors etc. The more you play with them, the more uses you find for them.

Hmm, hadn't thought of half of that... Would probably be a good thing to have when snooping for a miss.

The footprint of the machine is a little large still.

For what?

this is the modis, which has it built in, also costs 6 grand, i also wanted to get a picture of the vantage, because you can buy it used under 500 bux and it is half the size of the modis, its about the size of a gameboy, and loaded in it is instructions for how to hook up and test the sensor you want. but i'm too lazy to get the pic.

Image Not Found