May need help getting home MO to WI - new route

Geonovast

XJ's still worrying me, so I'd like(If I can) see who of you kind, generous souls are on my way home in case I need help or just need to chill somewhere while my Dad comes to get me.

Here's the route.

Basically;

Missouri-Bringing 54 up through Jefferson City to 19, 19 to 61, through Hannibal, then straight up into Iowa. 61 becomes 218/27.

Iowa-Take 218/27 up to Meet 151, the zigzag through Marion, Dubuque, then keep going on 151 until I hit Madison

Wisconsin-Just 151 from Dubuque until Madison.

If any of you are near my route and are free/willing to lend a hand on Sunday, I would greatly appreciate your help, were I to need it.

Well, things aren't really looking fine. It still leaks a good amount, still smokes when I stop, and the blood pressure is still really high. I haven't been driving it too much. And not at all around town, it hasn't even been to town yet. We've been zipping around in Jo's mom's car.

if your Jeep is like mine used to be, the smoking is from the oil dripping onto the exhaust pipe. This was my cure:

I used a length of sheetmetal, attached it to the pipe with hose clamps, and wrapped it a round to the oil would hit it and drip off rather than burn off. Do you have any nasty buildup on the crossover pipe?

That would work, but it shoots all the way back to coat the underside of the truck, therefore hitting the rest of the exhaust.

Another problem is I think it's pushing oil up into the combustion chambers(from the super high oil pressure), so it's smoking out the exhaust too. Add to that the horrible exhaust leaks, so it smokes everywhere.

Once the money comes this XJ is getting a lot of work. Right now the patch jobs just need to last a few months.

Are the lines for the crankcase breather stuff clogged up? It sounds like that might be something to check, especially since you just took them off and put them back on with the new valve cover... Get an old wire coat hanger and run it through them to get the junk out of them.

Oil shouldn't be getting pressurized that much!

Well I'd have to rent a U-haul truck and a dolly. I don't even want to imagine what that would cost for a 500+mile trip.

Well I still haven't left yet... was really sick and tired when I woke up, so after fighting off the nausea, I went to sleep for a few more hours. Should be out of here by 2...

Well the trip so far is going decent, it's still leaking pretty bad so it rains oil wherever I stop and still smokes pretty good, but I don't think it's leaking nearly as bad as it was on the way down.

Left the GF and the baby in MO. I'm gonna get home, fix this thing(should be getting ahold of a good running Renix 4.0 to just dump in) Run around for a little bit to get comfortable with the new motor, then load up a bunch of stuff, then it's back down to MO for awhile.

I'm stopped in Lincoln, IL right now for food. This is the first time I've eaten all day, and luckily the Arby's here has WIFI.

Also, even though it's still leaking pretty good, I think my mileage is back in the 25-26 range. It'd dropped down to about 20 on the drive down.