aftermarket exhaust setups?

how do you guys have your aftermarket exhaust setup? I'm tryin to get ideas for my mj, i would love to have it come out the side but if i bottom out then ill crush it, i saw a pic of one mj that they cut a hole through the frame and the pipe went through there, but i don't think the frame would be very strong after that, I'm thinkin of having it dumped unless any of you guys ahve any cool ideas

borla header/downpipe/muffler. stock everything else, chopped straight off in the rear.

I'll be modifying mine to be closer to the bottom of the bed though.

my brother kept it with stock, but in the rear he made it come up through the bedside and out of the passenger side of the bed. he intends to have it through high water and wanted to eliminate back pressure though.

If you can compress the suspension that far you have far more problems than just a dented tail pipe!! :roll: :brows: :yes: :yes:

It doesn't even come close, so no this is not an issue.

CW

cool, if i don't figure out another seup, I'm going to keep that one in mind,

I got an offset/offset muffler (chambered Flowmaster style), flipped it on it's side, and ran a straight pipe to the back.

Then popped put a turndown on the end to cut some of the noise.

It might look like it hangs low, but it's just about tight to the X-member, and the bumpstops (once they go back on) hang lower than the 2.5" pipe.

I got an offset/offset muffler (chambered Flowmaster style), flipped it on it's side, and ran a straight pipe to the back.

Then popped put a turndown on the end to cut some of the noise.

It might look like it hangs low, but it's just about tight to the X-member, and the bumpstops (once they go back on) hang lower than the 2.5" pipe.

NICE CLEAN looking Frame!!!