I saw a Comanche Today!

88XJSport

Even if it's rust-free now, it won't be for long if it ever sees winter. My 86 was rust free when I bought it (truck was from Cali, then spent a few years in Oklahoma, then brought to Michigan to die a slow death from the red cancer).

Did you leave a club card behind?

It was driving across the parking lot at a distance. If it was parked it would have defiantly gotten a card.

can't any of you greedy guys spare one rust free mj? :fs1: :D

i can for $500 cash :brows:

What city are you from in Michigan? And what school? I'm originally from Battle Creek. I really don't miss the rusty vehicles. I used to buy a new winter beater every fall so I could put away my nice car for the winter. I didnt really have jeeps back then, but one of my winter beaters was a 1987 Grand Wagoneer 4.2 Selectrac. Poor rustly little bastard. I found out the frame was about rusted in two, so I got rid of it. I loved that full size jeep...would love to have another if I could afford the gas for it!

They are rare here too. I've seen two this year, one was rusted out sitting at a dealer. The other was a perfect condition (but missing tailgate) Red 1991 4x4 with a D44 rear end. He was traveling the other way down the road and I whipped around and started following him (I'm crazy, I know). He ended up stopping a few blocks down and I started talking to him. Great guy, seemed to know Jeeps. He said he'd been looking for a while and drove to another state to buy this one. I told him about Comanche Club but I haven't heard from him since.

I live about 20 minutes from Pete in the Metro Detroit area. The last time I saw an MJ on the road was last fall, and it was rusted almost up to the door handles, and the guy looked like he lived in it. Trash on the passenger side up to the roof.

If I find an MJ in great shape I'm gonna buy it. Then my XJ and the MJ will both get rotisserie restored to exact showroom specifications.

There are a few around here. But most of them are driven by Hispanic gardeners.

That's too funny,there's exactly one other in my town,

is a fairly close neighbor.Guess what.Hispanic landscaper.Doh!

I live about 20 minutes from Pete in the Metro Detroit area. The last time I saw an MJ on the road was last fall, and it was rusted almost up to the door handles, and the guy looked like he lived in it. Trash on the passenger side up to the roof.

If I find an MJ in great shape I'm gonna buy it. Then my XJ and the MJ will both get rotisserie restored to exact showroom specifications.

I'm with 88XJSport. I am in northern Indiana and if we see one per month, we are shocked. I don't dare drive mine in the winter. I saw this one in a previous post that was found in original condition that looked like an easy restore. I would have bought it and restored it if I had the chance. I have a red one of the same year. A white one to go with it would have been great. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15208

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with 88XJSport. I am in northern Indiana and if we see one per month, we are shocked. I don't dare drive mine in the winter. I saw this one in a previous post that was found in original condition that looked like an easy restore. I would have bought it and restored it if I had the chance. I have a red one of the same year. A white one to go with it would have been great. http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/view ... =7&t=15208

Ya man it was sad to see what he did to that near perfect Chief. :(

I've never seen another MJ on the road here in Norway. There are only 55 registered mj's in the whole of norway :eek:

Norway? I bet you are discouraged every time you leave a salvage yard. :rotfl2:

There is probably 8-12 living near me as I see about 2-3 a week. I have seen there same ones for the past couple years. I also know where a couple live along the routes I frequent.

Rust isn't as bad here as MI, but its bad enough!!!!

CW

• 3 weeks later...
I've never seen another MJ on the road here in Norway. There are only 55 registered mj's in the whole of norway :eek:

Norway? I bet you are discouraged every time you leave a salvage yard. :rotfl2:

You thinking about rust? actually mine's not bad, very little rust when I got two years ago but now it popping up ewerywhere since I use it in winter also.

• 4 weeks later...

i live on a small, isolated part of the coast (about 20,000 ppl). there are no roads out - just ferry boats. there's about 9 MJs here and 3 of them are mine. rust is an issue here.