Heater Bypass Valve

Interestingly part #2 is different from my 91 with the valve to the 97-01 hoses. I'm pretty sure the hoses will fit in the little plastic holder though.

If they should be swapped you could do it at the heater core end since the nipples are the same. Maybe someone will eyeball a confirm of the routing.

The 91 holder might work, But I picked up a new one for the 97+ models at the dealer. It was only about $5 IIRC. P/n 55035933. Or you could always do it like this:

17102d1271481177t-question-why-many-dont

• 1 year later...

Forgive me for reviving such an old thread. But, also hate to start a new one.

The PO has some weird hoses and fittings that don't look like they'll hold up for much longer. So I'm going to swap things out.

Can the 97+ hoses also be used on a Renix era ('89; eliminated HCV)? Or do I need to order the heater hoses for an '89 and make a fitting where the HCV was?

Thanks.

MiamiMJ, on 08 Apr 2016 - 10:06 PM, said:MiamiMJ, on 08 Apr 2016 - 10:06 PM, said:MiamiMJ, on 08 Apr 2016 - 10:06 PM, said:MiamiMJ, on 08 Apr 2016 - 10:06 PM, said:

The PO has some weird hoses and fittings that don't look like they'll hold up for much longer. So I'm going to swap things out.

Can the 97+ hoses also be used on a Renix era ('89; eliminated HCV)? Or do I need to order the heater hoses for an '89 and make a fitting where the HCV was?

Thanks.

Just use standard heater hose from the autopart store. I deleted the Heater Bypass Valve. Run the bottom of the bottle to the bottom of heater core direct, from top of heater core direct to water pump. Run a direct hose from thermostat to top of the bottle. You will need only hose's clamps and one 5/8 to 3/4 hose adapter. since top off bottle has that little 5/8 connector. just don't forget to plug the vacuum line that connects to the old bypass valve. I noticed no real difference in temps in the cab from this. I think every thing is under 10 buck to do it.

I have no clue if 97+ molded hoses can be used on a Renix!

Of course you can use off the roll heater hose by the foot for this, but the OP asked:

Can the 97+ hoses also be used on a Renix era..........

CAN the 97+ molded hoses be used on a Renix? I'd like to know also...................

Isn't there some kind of funky setup going from the heater hoses into the surge tank? The '97+ hoses go direct from water pump to heater core. If need be I suppose you could always slice it in the middle and put in a T... But it wouldn't be as clean as what I think the OP is looking for.

• 4 months later...

Thanks.

Did you ever bypass the HCV? can you just use the 97+ era houses, I just got a Comanche and I believe its a renix????  1987 2.46L, 4 Cyl, TBI 2wd ??? I want to do the same thing on mine because I noticed a small leak the other day, this is my valve:

Yeah, the 2.5's were open, and used a coolant heated intake manifold. One hose goes from water pump to core. The other goes from thermo housing to intake manifold, then another hose goes from intake manifold to core.

Bulk hose is best here.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...