Grey buckets to black buckets?

I just used the SEM fabric paint to go from gray to blue. The upholstery shop wanted $260 a seat to recover them :no: .

I knew I had seen some members that had successfully done this with fabric paint. Drachir, post up some picks for him.

Also, I've never seen these in person, never owned a pair, but when I researched hard about seat covers, these Wet Okole Neoprene covers seemed to be pretty damn good. Of course the shey should be at $200+, but I even PM'd a guy on jeepforum who was selling a set if they were any good and he said he loved them, held up real well etc. He was getting custom seats put in his TJ so he was selling his stock seats w/the these covers on them. The cool thing is that they fit specific to your year and style of seat, plus you can really customize with colors etc. I don't know, for about the same money you could just get them re-covered at a shop, but at least it's another option if you don't want to do fabric paint.

http://www.wetokole.com/jeep_commanche_ ... front.html

OK Wahoo ;)

The seats before (right one looked like the left one before it was cleaned)->

The final product ->

I even did the center console (Gray to Blue)->

It's holding up better than I had hoped for! I figured for the price of a few cans, I could not go wrong. If I do scratch some off - it's an easy fix. Be warned - SEM is very very temp sensitive. I wasted a lot of paint applying it when it was too cold out :doh: .

Wow, that looks pretty good! How warm does it need to be for the paint to adhere well?

haha Give me some time I am working on a write up with no pics. itll takea day or two for too find my notes? are you going to add piping of any such? (easier without)

No I will not be adding piping. I look forward to the write-up, as I think I'd like to give that a shot.

I used the SEM black satin on a kick panel and it looked good.Does anyone know where to get factory replacement,or anything close to OEM,seat covers you can install yourself?
Discontinued LONG ago. The best thing to do is have an upholstery shop custom make them or take you time looking for used XJ seats in good shape to get the covers from.

Supposedly SEM is what the "pro's" use. "Unique Whips" had a whole display case of it on one episode. :D

What a TV show displays or uses means nothing. Extreme 4x4 as well as Trucks when they are working on Jeeps are always "Rusty's this" and "Rusty's that". Rusty's Off road supplies the shows with free or severely discounted parts, in return for the advertising of having their product mentioned on air. And it works. I have seen numerous newbies here who come to the site with "I'm going to installing a Rusty's lift kit", or "What all is involved in installing Rusty's high steering set up". When you just watch the TV shows you don't hear about the quality problems with their parts or their horrible customer service when you're trying to get something fixed or repaired under warranty.

Supposedly SEM is what the "pro's" use. "Unique Whips" had a whole display case of it on one episode. :D

What a TV show displays or uses means nothing. Extreme 4x4 as well as Trucks when they are working on Jeeps are always "Rusty's this" and "Rusty's that". Rusty's Off road supplies the shows with free or severely discounted parts, in return for the advertising of having their product mentioned on air. And it works. I have seen numerous newbies here who come to the site with "I'm going to installing a Rusty's lift kit", or "What all is involved in installing Rusty's high steering set up". When you just watch the TV shows you don't hear about the quality problems with their parts or their horrible customer service when you're trying to get something fixed or repaired under warranty.

That dosent include SEM paint though.. Their plastic paints are one of the best, and their spray paints too. If you do go with SEM and are spraying plastic be sure to get a can of adhesion promoter, its pretty much a plastic/vinyl primer.

where can I get this SEM fabric paint at? did you use different paint for the seats than you used for the center console? what kind of prep was involved? and lastly how's it holding up?
Any professional automotive paint suppliers should carry it, or go to their dealer locator page on their web site. Used the same SEM color on the seats and center console. It's holding up very well. The arm rest is still in perfect condition. The DS seat, where my arse scrapes getting in and out still has paint on it! I think it all has to do with the prep work before painting. My dad introduced this to me when we restored old 60's Corvette's. Great stuff and you can always touch-up with a spray if needed.

Any professional automotive paint suppliers should carry it, or go to their dealer locator page on their web site. Used the same SEM color on the seats and center console. It's holding up very well. The arm rest is still in perfect condition. The DS seat, where my arse scrapes getting in and out still has paint on it! I think it all has to do with the prep work before painting. My dad introduced this to me when we restored old 60's Corvette's. Great

stuff and you can always touch-up with a spray if needed.

Thank you. The reference to "Unique Whips" was made in jest.I have used and recomend,however,SEM and I am no "newbie" to paint products and their application.