my comanche (nickname in progress)

what does this do? its attached to my brake pedal or right above it

ok some things i plan on doing to it over the course of the year:

during the winter I'm gonan do some small upgrades like the sway bar and maybe some minor things inside the cab like hornbrod did in the DIY might try the washerbottle relocation thing if i feel like i can do it.

bed liner

dry box

bed caps

custom bush bumpers if i can get my friend to help me weld them up.

still trying to find out what i need to lift it.

gonna put a 8.8 with discs (do i need to modify the master cylinder and the brake booster ?)

bush wackers

new paint job

33's

rock rails

rear locker then one day front locker

I'm new to all this stuff I'm used to building stuff like beat up 100 dollar cars and going and making them dune buggies till they break but this is different i really like this truck liek we all know how much we love are comanche's ive been looking for one for like about a year now and i finally found one once i got the money this time. now I'm starting my lift the comanche fund also the send pete his money fund so i don't get knee capped.

i like to ask alot of questions as some of you might have learned but i want to do a trip through the states in 1 or 2 years after ive started my apprentiship in heavy duty mechanics. so any help and advice would be great.

i also wanna thank goblazers_6 he went and looked at the comanche before i drove down to the states and bought it.

i also wanna thank goblazers_6 he went and looked at the comanche before i drove down to the states and bought it.

No problem. But you still owe me a case of beer.

I've been waiting for you to post up some pics on the site. That is a perfect MJ to start a build with. Have fun! :cheers:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm going to paint it green this summer and hopfully have a lift kit in it

Do those "dangly bits " on the rear bumper change color with the seasons ?...blue=winter ,green=spring ,yellow=summer ,brown=fall :dunno: Looks like a good project :popcorn: :thumbsup:

nice truck.

whenever I see truck nuts, I go grab a piece of sticky printer paper, cut a chunk off, and write "I'm ghey" on them then stick it to the nuts.

truck nuts are just stupid. I got a set of chrome ones if anyone wants something to throw in the fire pit and make big sparks.

nice truck.

whenever I see truck nuts, I go grab a piece of sticky printer paper, cut a chunk off, and write "I'm ghey" on them then stick it to the nuts.

truck nuts are just stupid. I got a set of chrome ones if anyone wants something to throw in the fire pit and make big sparks.

I don't care about truck nuts either way, but a buddy of mine had them on his Ranger that was on air. Yeah he went around town draggin his nuts everywhere......but one day he drug them off..... :( ...he hasn't been the same since...

• 1 year later...

some new old pictures from when i was down the Duffy on a road trip.

this was a really nice blue lake forget the name of it.

this bridge has bats all over the bottom of it so your not allowed to drive it anymore

put the canopy on but I only like to use it on trips and camping.

rear view of the canopy

also updates on the Comanche are found out its not the clutch going so now I have to go over it and figure out what it could be that makes it run like $#!&. thinking maybe clogged catalytic converter or TPS. i also took the o2 sensor off and it just would not start.

nice truck.

truck nuts are just stupid.

And gross. I don't get it. Nice truck but the plastic male genitalia ruins it for me. It's like a picture of a hot chick with some dude standing next to her with his junk hanging out. Ruins it.

well i fixed up my battery cables bit thicker then the stock ones

didn't have any battery cable so i took it off my old 6000 pound warn winch

I also got around to fixing my fuel pump which was the cause of all my problems it was a Napa pump that ended up working after i went to every place in town and none had the right pump the part number was e7006 from Napa

Here's a picture of the old pump and the new pump comparison

Top view

side view

i had to modify it a bit but it wasn't hard i also as you can see in the picture converted the leads to the top to bolt on instead of clip on it came with 2 little clips to make it the clip on type but i did not like it

here is the top that bolts to the sending unit the rubber piece I used a gasket hole punch to make it nice

here is it after i modified it

i don't have any pictures but the kit came with two spacers i used the ones off the old Bosch pump and cut a bit of the bottom out so it would fit nice in the bottom of the sending unit also but its all back in the tank and my truck has never ran better

• 8 months later...

Just a few new pictures of the truck

You will be all happy I replaced the balls with a moose

also have been doing some work on truck I bled the clutch and fixed my front crank seal as well as replaced my balancer but new one will not fit.

new one is on right

here is the difference between the two

new

old

and the reason I went with a new balancer

• 3 months later...