Interior question

The dashboard for a Cherokee 1984 - 1996 is the same as a Comanche 1986 - 1992. Unless you're trying to use a 97+ XJ console, there is no need to trim the front of the console when you put it in a Comanche.

What do you think -- Jeep made a special console for the Eliminator? :redX:

I will poost a pic of mine asap, it just doesnt fit between the seats or on the hump right

*sigh*

take the bottom of the heater box off. it takes two phillips screws.

it does not fit right now because it is pushed back around 2"

this is the ONLY problem you have right now.

ok, so its sitting to far back at the moment?

yes.

underneath the kneeboard (i.e. under the ash tray)

there are two screws on a black plastic box on the front. remove that box.

go get one from a cherokee, and block off the rear heater tube part for it.

install

then install the center console.

why do you guys trim them down?

just put the cherokee heater box bottom on it, then block off the port leading to the rear.

For me, it was quicker and easier to trim. I was in no mood to prolong the installation by going out and finding the proper piece from an XJ. Took a minute to trim and I was done. And it looks fine.

Besides, it's not a show truck. :)

If I had known about this before, I may have gotten that piece before starting the installation.

go get one from a cherokee, and block off the rear heater tube part for it.Then install the center console.

I put the rear heater tube in, this way I can put my hand behind the console and heat it up on our cold 40° California mornings. :yes:

BookspanS, if you need a Cherokee front heater vent I can pull one at the JY if you can't get one.

go get one from a cherokee, and block off the rear heater tube part for it.

install then install the center console.

I put the rear heater tube in, this way I can put my hand behind the console and heat it up on our cold 40° California mornings. :yes:

Thats a good idea jamminz.gif Just gotta wait til tuesday to go back for it

Just out of curiosity, Are yall talkin about the big black tube running under the console?

The front heater vent for the full console set up has a large "hole" in the front where that black tube mates with it (at least Cherokee ones). The tube then runs around the gear shifter/selector to the back of the console where it forks to the two rear vents in the console.

Just out of curiosity, Are yall talkin about the big black tube running under the console?

The front heater vent for the full console set up has a large "hole" in the front where that black tube mates with it (at least Cherokee ones). The tube then runs around the gear shifter/selector to the back of the console where it forks to the two rear vents in the console.

ok, thats what i was talkin bout

40°? That's T-shirt and shorts weather 8) . Hit 16 degrees last Wednesday morning, 17 this morning and supposed to be 15 tomorrow morning. I'm glad natural gas prices have gone down as well.