Painting the MJ

So, its time to paint the clown mobile. Any ideas on a paint color? I'm got a grey/black interior, 97+ front end, 97+ mirrors, chrome grille to go on, and an S10 rear bumper. Just want it to look good...

I was debating over black and white, but if I paint it white, it would almost match the 97+ MJ on cardomain "the dove" And if i paint it black it would match my XJ, but that would be kinda cool..

Any tips, I'm open to anything? MJ in question is below.. Thanks!

xmanche05.jpg

You have a black XJ now... So, what do you think about black?? I love the black colors, but their a BIT

You could do a two tone, which is very classy if done right,, think Eddie Bauer.. I think the Caddies "White Diamond" white pearl is freaking awe-inspiring. Do a pearl white over a light gray or silver on the lower = yummmmm..

What are you using it for? You planning on just making it all one color or making it pretty?

If it were mine I would put a few $$$ into a nice paint job and go with a something like this color:

105129.jpg

z06-atomic-400.jpg

but only if you have black interior...maybe even tan if it really clean

Same color on a CJ with tan interior

what does the s10 bumper look like? I do not think I have seen this mod

It looks killer. I like the rounded look, not square like the stock comanche. My problem was i couldnt find a decent comanche bumper. Everyone at PAP everything was rusted/bent/dented, so i found an S-10 one on CL and thought it looked good, plus i got it for free ;) Got Comanche brackets on my frame, took the s-10 brackets, swapped brackets right to left, cut off the "extra" metal, and welded them together. Looks good, and bolts on like any other bumper. I'll snap some pics this weekend.

keep the paint ideas comin.. pictures help also! everyone likes pictures..

edit: here's where i got the idea, i have the same bumper installed.

707703_36_full.jpg

Must be a GA thing, black has been fine for me.. Not hard to keep clean. Maybe I don't notice, or don't care, but i have no complaints keeping my black XJ clean. I hardly ever wash it and it 9 times out of 10 looks like it does in that pic..

So far I'm leaning towards black. I like simple things, don't want it to be "flashy"

• 3 weeks later...
Forget the paint...... Just get the car!!!!! :brows:

no sh*t right?

I test drove one a couple weeks ago when they came in to the local dealer...they let me test drive an R/T and a v6...I was impressed by both, and would probably get the v6 for $20k less, and then get the supercharger kit for $4500 and have the same output as the hemi...then clone the body decals.

but, regardless, I'll be driving an '09 challenger when I finish college. i don't even care about the $$$...college debt won't be more than $15000 since I payed off everything for the past two years already.

How about Robin Egg Blue? Sorry I don't have a pic to show. But it's a real color and that's the true name of it. It looked great on the early 60's GMC Stepside Apache trucks. Its not flashy but a real head turner color. A deep rich sky blue color you just don't see anymore. Should look ok with gray and black interior the more gray the better. Non metallic, enamel base (inexpensive), no clear coat required, easy to touch up, hides dirt and dents, looks great with chrome. Any quality Dupont Automotive paint dealer should be able to look it up.

I dig that bumper though. What year S-10 is that from and is it available in all chrome? Pics on the bracket mods?

James and Sugarfoot

Austin TX

GO HORNS!!!