What do you think?

MJ300

Hello everyone, well after mingling around here, i finally registered and for one i love the site. jamminz.gif

Just a little info first. I've got a 90' LWB, AW4 thats completely stock, and is in really good shape. So in your HONEST opinion do you think my manche's 4.0 H.O. can beat my neighbor's 2000 camero in a drag race? It's only a V6 and from what i've seen its nothing special.

Now I'm not saying i would race him :D but I'm just curious as to the outcome of such a race. My thinking is since the AW4 is geared lower and i have more displacement (4.0L) i would have a faster acceleration and could beat him in a 1/4 mile drag race.

Thoughts?

Just a little info first. I've got a 90' LWB, AW4 thats completely stock, and is in really good shape. So in your HONEST opinion do you think my manche's 4.0 H.O. can beat my neighbor's 2000 camero in a drag race? It's only a V6 and from what i've seen its nothing special.

IMHO -- not a chance.

I've got a 90' LWB, AW4 thats completely stock, and is in really good shape. ... my manche's 4.0 H.O. ...

Welcome, if you have a '90, it doesn't have an HO unless someone replaced it, then it's not stock. image_209027.gif

I was just going to point that out.

and the only way you'd beat him is if you had a 5 speed and worked on aerodynamics a bit...tonneau cover to reduce negative air pressure swirling behind the cab. also, you only have 3.55 gears or 3.73 gears so you're not really geared too low. the camaro will have 3.23 gears and likely would keep up since it's lighter and more aerodynamic.

if the camaro had a 3800 v6 instead of a 3.4 v6, as newer camaros and firebirds do, then you would have absolutely ZERO chance at beating it. but maybe I'm biased...I have a 3800 installed in my 86 longbed 4x4 MJ with a 5 speed and smoke my buddie's H.O. cherokee which is geared lower than mine EVERY TIME. in a camaro, it would be a cake-walk.

doubt it. maybe from 0-60 but i doubt that too.

maybe in a 4.0L HO cherokee. but thats alot lighter

Not really. Curb weight for a 2WD LWB MJ w. the 4.0 is about 3,090 lbs. A similarly equipped XJ weighs in at about 3060 lbs. That's about a sack or two of groceries difference. I seriously doubt either a stock 4.0 XJ or MJ will have a chance against the Camaro. :cheers: