what would you do

what would you do with about $6,000 to my truck.

first things that need to be done are bodywork and paint, as well as the 4wd swap. as well as the little things that need to be fixed: cab lights, tailgate lever, header panel vinyl is sagging, hose under the hood need to be replaced.

i want to do alot of things and keep it under the budget.

some things i want are:

4wd swap

paint job

k&n air filtration system

some new lca's and uca's

bedliner

jcr stage 3 or 4 front bumper, and a matching rear bumper (but no one makes it yet)

new heavy duty brakes

tube doors

new sound system (amp, sub, speakers)

bench seat

sway bar disco's

new brakelnes

highflow cat converter

basicly i may be coming into some money, and i just want to get this truck completely finished. what are yours idea's.

I agree with Wade somewhat,

That is a good-looking MJ and you can do a LOT with $6,000. Concentrate on the 4x4 swap axle configuration, driveshaft and lockers, etc. Wade's winch suggestion would make it badass as well!

I must EMPHASIZE (and this is from personal experience) and add to Wade's recommendation...perhaps even the most important mod that you can do...RUST...if you have any rust on that MJ; wage a complete global-thermonuclear and biological campaign against every partical of those red b@st@rds!

Other than my rust genocide recommendation, Wade's suggestions are excellent. Good luck with whatever you decide and I hope that you are not having to endure the loss of a loved-one as the source of the new money.

Nice Rig!

:beerhead:

V/R

Paul

some things i want are:

4wd swap

paint job

k&n air filtration system

some new lca's and uca's

bedliner

jcr stage 3 or 4 front bumper, and a matching rear bumper (but no one makes it yet)

new heavy duty brakes

tube doors

new sound system (amp, sub, speakers)

bench seat

sway bar disco's

new brakelnes

highflow cat converter

here is your list now based on time i would make sure the drive train is good after the 4wd swap. and try to make that money work for you while (take a loan against that income and make quick paymts) 1 to 2 yrs know that you will always have when need it and it will grow sum. make the upgrades as you see fit. as for the brakes there are plenty of options and i would recommend rear disc for sure :brows: good luck and keep us posted with the progress :cheers: btw paint job can wait

paint job can't wait. that is where the rust comes into play. on the other side above the rear wheel well is a hole approximately 10" by 4". and a few more minor spots. those need to be fixed and then some kind of paint will need to go on. i would prefer a proper paint job by maaco, but spray paint might also be the answer.

D44 front and rear with 4.88's with aussie in the rear, and a arb up fornt. Including axles that should be about 3 grand. Front long arm/ 3 link setup. Really like Rock krawler, or TNT customs for that 1000 right there. The last 2 grand could be used to armor up your jeep. Interior cage, with nice suspension seats and 5 points is what I would do.

i don't think ill go that serious with the axles. i wanna do alot with this money. mainly focused on finally having 4wd, and probably new gears and lockers.

AND this is still all up in the air, if i will even have any money to do this.

edit-question. i don't fully understand the long arm setups. all it is is longer lca's isn't it? i was just going to buy some ajustables so i can put my front spacers in.

$6,000 is a lot of money in the Comanche world. Have you considered selling your current truck and combining the proceeds with the $6K to start fresh? You might be able to find one that is already 4x4 with decent paint. Heck, you could buy a completely built rig for $7k.

Anyway, just an idea.

i will be getting much more then that. but I'm putting 90% of the money away for college and post college expenses. she wanted me to have so much, but we could never afford it, and she wanted me to go to a decent college, and i just want to make her wish come true by finishing my truck and getting a good education.

in that case you need to get that truck done

and done right you know that she wouldnt want you to cut corners

and as for the education

get the best you can and make your mother proud

:papers: make sure you do all your homework :papers:

this truck is kind of a sentimental thing now. my mom passed this week, and she always loved to see me working on this truck. i plan to keep this one and dedicate the work to her.

This is the same reason that I took action towards reviving my lawn ornament. My mother passed away in March and my MJ was a gift from her ten years ago. The money I spend on it now is in her honor.

My deepest condolences go out to you and your family and you are making your mother proud by the very thought behind your motive.

V/R

Paul

D44 front and rear with 4.88's with aussie in the rear, and a arb up fornt. Including axles that should be about 3 grand. Front long arm/ 3 link setup. Really like Rock krawler, or TNT customs for that 1000 right there. The last 2 grand could be used to armor up your jeep. Interior cage, with nice suspension seats and 5 points is what I would do.

I agree with pingpong. Axles are the best place in my opinion to be spending money, then armor. But a lot depends on how much you drive on the street and trail. Is this a DD?

If it was my daily driver this is how I would do it.

HP non-disco 30 - Upgraded shafts and u-joints, open carrier

Disk Brake 8.8 Rear with TruTrac

RK 3-link, TnT long-arms, or even drop brackets if its rarely wheeled.

Then armor, and some niceties for the street (paint, radio, ect.)

Are you planning on going with anything bigger than 33's and/or how hard will you be wheeling this truck?

If you are going to wheel it or possibly get bigger tires I like the idea of the 8.8 but I would go with a 44 upfront

If it was my truck and I had 6k to spend here is how I would do it:

8.8 spring over w/ Ox Locker

D44 w/ trutrac & chromoly shafts

Currie Hi-Steer

T&T long arm kit( which includes bellypan skid plate )

Front and Rear Bumpers

Basically exactly what pingpong said :D

i think I'm liking the idea of an 8.8 and a d44. would some one explain the long arm kits? isn't it just longer control arms? if i have the money i want to get some 35" tires, but thats last on my list, as my 33's are brand new.

long arm lift kits are a lot of work but they are worth it. with a long arm you can have a ton mare suspension travel. the longer arms allow the tires to go into the wheel wells and away from the truck a lot more. basically you can crawl over stuff instead of plowing it.

bigger axles, maybe a little bit of turbo-action? lift kit, armor cool bumpers like pete has. i got 35's on my truck and honestly i don't need em. my friends run 33's and they get through the mud