what would you do

Quick lesson on Long arms. Basically it relocates the mounting point. On the TNT kit it uses what is refered to as a "radias Arm". This was first used in OE rigs by ford. Your axle is held in place by 2 long lowers, and it has a short upper which is used to adjust pinion angle and caster. It uses a Track bar to keep the axle centered.

Then ther is the 3 link ( rock krawler kit). It uses to long lowers like a radias arm, but then it has a upper link that is almost as long as the lowers (actually could be the same length or a touch longer). It too uses a track bar.

The only reason why I said bigger axles is.. no need in staying with 1/4 ton axles if you plan on wheeling. Also with a 6k budget you could build one heck of a strong rig, that could be wheeled and driven reliabley. Keeping the Stock d30 and wheeling is a sketchy at best. Upgrading with alloys, and other goodies, can put you close to d44 cost depending on the deal you can find.

If you go with the 8.8 I stongly recommend going with the super 8.8 kit from superior. Fixes the main weakness in the axle being the "c" clip feature. Just make sure to weld the tubes to the pumpkin.

The last reason I said go with the d44 more ratio's to choose from.