The worlds Fastest Comanche

This has Inspired me to start building a Salt flat MJ...

I just need to know how to go about it, do you have a website to lookup to find out more info on how to prepare the MJ for a race and what class are you racing in?

I aready have plans to build a 700HP 4.0L so why not race the truck too...

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What did you end up doing as far as block brackets go? I've got an old WJ block that was given to me, and would like to use it in the MJ, but I'm not going to go through all the trouble of building a stroker motor, and not put the MORE Bombproof style block brackets on it. I've personally seen two 4.0s brake bolt bosses off, seen another that should have, and Davey's Jeeps always has 4.0s with busted bolt bosses on their site.

The stock tj mounts will work, I assume you have a 2000 and up wj block. You would need 2001 and up tj mounts. if you want somthing stronger, get the brown dog mounts http://browndogindustries.com/S2883-psuperbracketpair.aspx

They use additional bosses in the block and have never heard of anybody having problems with them. I think the problem with broken blocks is from bolts coming loose and falling out, then the reamining bolts get stressed. Check them often and use a torque wrench and locktite.

Hope this helps

Speed week starts this Week.

Have not seen any postings from you about it, When are you heading out?

I assume that you have been drag racing it getting ready for the big one.

We were planning to go to speedweek, but I am in the process of changing jobs. I start my new job this week, so i had to cancel the trip. we will be going to Maxton in October and possibly the world finals at bonneville the first week of october.

• 4 months later...

OK the job thing has settled down, the plan is to go to Bonneville this year (2012), but with a Turbo and the engine putting out about 700hp. the goal is to break the 200mph mark. The engine will be 3.7L (226 cid) with a 3" stroke and a 4" bore. Redline will be in the 7,500-8,000 area. Starting work on the turbo header, i will post some pictures as we get further along.

• 1 month later...

gm had an Ecotec 2.0L output 1,500 hp. That was a drag race motor. They made some land speed ecotec motors that 0utput 750 HP. for a 4 cylinder 2.0l that is allot of hp. Some of these tuner motors are in the 800- 1,000 hp range.

800 hp is really not not that ambitious. the output of the jeep motor is really restricted by the head flow.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The front end has been discussed before, go back in the thread and reread it.

He has ran at Maxton, Bonneville, and the drag strip with this truck. And has passed tech at all three places.

Would like to see an update on the truck it has been a while.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

gm had an Ecotec 2.0L output 1,500 hp. That was a drag race motor. They made some land speed ecotec motors that 0utput 750 HP. for a 4 cylinder 2.0l that is allot of hp. Some of these tuner motors are in the 800- 1,000 hp range.

800 hp is really not not that ambitious. the output of the jeep motor is really restricted by the head flow.

Not sure if you knew about this, but found this trying to find info on the AMC199, the baby brother to the 4.0:

AMC Straight-Six

During the era when real grassroots hot rodders could still race at the Indy 500, renowned land speed racer Barney Navarro shocked the motorsports world when he clocked 150-mph qualifying laps with a six-cylinder engine in 1967. Due to chassis tuning issues, Navarro's car didn't make the final cut for the race, but his lap times still stand as the fastest ever posted by a six-banger. The engine in question was a 199ci AMC inline-six, the same putt-putt mill anyone could get in a Rambler or Gremlin. Navarro liked the idea of a six-cylinder crank supported by seven main bearing caps, and the engine's over-square 3.750x3.000-inch bore and stroke dimensions were appealing as well. With a built short-block and a custom turbo system dishing out 105 psi of boost, the little six produced 700 hp. That was with the stock cylinder head, block, and rocker arms. Even if they don't realize it, the few remaining Honda drag racers weren't the first ones to combine small-displacement inline engines with a ton of boost.

Read more: http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tech/1101phr_engines_that_time_forgot/viewall.html#ixzz2AjuhvXEY

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

What has happen so far, it has been a while since the last post of the creator.

if you are read this, just curious, did you had to machine the block to make custom cam journals ?

I saw that you ran 14:1 SCR before going Turbo, did you try to go higher using ceramic coating ?

Hope to hear more about this nice project.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

hello, i'm new in this site and i'm italian.

Is there someone that can tell me where to find a triple weber inlet mainfold for my 242 engine, like that of comance aficionado member? 

Since i don't speak well english,I've already read all posts but i've been unable to understand where he bought this mainfold.

Hoping in a reply,

many thanks

Andrea

Italy