Look at the JEWEL I found

BookspanS

I went to the local jy looking for a 97+ front clicp and no luck :cry: . But we turned the corner and before the guy with me could say "There is our last jeep" I was screaming "HOLY SH*T!!!"....and this is why

They want 600 (its got the MT pachage with the D44)...I SHALL NOT REVEAL THE LOCATION TO YOU SC PPL :D ...This puppy will be mine in a week and a half

Maybe I missed something, but other than the 44, what is so impresive about this truck?

I been trying to find one to build up (read all my WTB threads) and its just that it made my day, so I guess it has more meaning behind it to me than some of yall. But I have been trying to find a D44 and a 5 leaf pack

Good call -- if it's an '86, it won't hae the Dana 44, and those pics of the rear diff certainly look like it might be an AMC Model 20, but there's no straight-on shot from the rear so it's hard to tell. If the cover is a perfect circle, rather than an irregular hexagon, it's a Model 20.

However, that's nothing to sneeze at. It's a VERY tough axle, far superior to the Dana 35 and very nearly as strong as the D44 if not stronger. The major drawbacks are that it's bigger and heavier, so there's a tad less ground clearance under the pumpkin, and you have somewhat fewer options for aftermarket lockers and such. But there are lots of ratios and lockers for the Model 20, so don't pass it up.

It'll also have the 10" x 2-1/2" brakes if it's Model 20.

I going to talk to my neighbor (manufacturer for Summit :D) and see if I can commandeer one of his drive-in storage buildings that he isn't using, and if he lets me, I will go back to the yard today and negotiate the price and friday will be the deciding factor if I get it or not

Any LWB Comanche could have the MT package. I don't believe the engine size had anthing to do with it. All i remember for a fact about the MT package is thats it was only on the LWB

Not true.......I have a '89 swb with the metric ton (5 leaf) springs, D44, and it had a factory trailer hitch on it.

I've had one '87 lwb that had the 5 leaf metric ton springs and D44.

But your right.......the metric ton / big ton / Tow package came with either the 2.5 or the 4.0 engine.