Started My New Front Bumper Today

I'd say he has the facility to make lots of them and sell them to people who aren't so blessed! I'm assuming you are making this at work... :D

Can't wait to see how it turns out. - Brent

I hope to one day be set up with my own shop to do just that, and yes I am doing it at work. We have some pretty good equipment (ie. shear capable of 1/2" plate, 250 ton press brake, 3 axis cnc mill, manual mill and lathe, etc, and by X-mas hope to have a waterjet cnc table :D )

Wow you can't even get all of it in the picture!! It has to be nearly 75 feet long. Yull be knocking every one of the road!!! Ok not really. But your bumper looks nice. Did you get the parts cut out on a laser or plasma table?? This is a perfect example that shows hard work does pay off. Your bumper is looking very nice, keep up the good work and keep the pictures rolling in! :cheers:

Tonight's pics:

I did however have a problem with my engineering dept as my drawings were wrong on two of the pieces and I had to rebuild them costing me a couple of hours. :mad: Some words were exchanged, but fortunately it didn't get physical. I told myself that I needed to be more careful because my time was valuable and I replied saying that if I didn't rush myself things like this wouldn't happen. I then shook my hand and I went my separate ways.

:cheers:

Minus the minor setback and design time, I am into this thing for about 6.5 hrs so far.Shouldn't take too much longer now. Maybe Saturday I will have it installed with the winch mounted.

Tonight's pics:

I did however have a problem with my engineering dept as my drawings were wrong on two of the pieces and I had to rebuild them costing me a couple of hours. :mad: Some words were exchanged, but fortunately it didn't get physical. I told myself that I needed to be more careful because my time was valuable and I replied saying that if I didn't rush myself things like this wouldn't happen. I then shook my hand and I went my separate ways.

Thats funny.

Tonight's pics:

Thats funny.

Yes it is. I had to read it a couple times to get the humor .... at first I thought he really had the design team at work draw up plans for his bumper. Once I figured it out, I got a good chuckle.

goblazers_6 wrote:

highlandjeeper wrote:

Tonight's pics:

I did however have a problem with my engineering dept as my drawings were wrong on two of the pieces and I had to rebuild them costing me a couple of hours. Some words were exchanged, but fortunately it didn't get physical. I told myself that I needed to be more careful because my time was valuable and I replied saying that if I didn't rush myself things like this wouldn't happen. I then shook my hand and I went my separate ways.

Thats funny.

Yes it is. I had to read it a couple times to get the humor .... at first I thought he really had the design team at work draw up plans for his bumper. Once I figured it out, I got a good chuckle.

Yeah I was about to say “leave us engineers alone. We’re only human too”! ha ha no one is perfect it’s the little mess ups that help you learn along the way! Your bumper is looking nice. you might want to weld it to the frame. It sure would look good on mine!!! :D

Here it is!!

I may add a hoop around the winch in the future. Paint is drying as we speak. Tomorrow I get to remove the old one, cut the bottom of the fenders off, and install the new one. After that it's time to build a mounting bracket for the 8274.

The next pictures I post will be of the truck :D . I will also post pics of the mounts I built to bolt the bumper to.