WTF Do I have?

Dana 44's are rare but not impossible to find. I've found 4 of em from the local pick n pull. I bought one XJ for $75 that didn't have a strait body panel on it and it had a D44 under it... I can usually peddle d44's for 400-500 each around here on craigslist.

Dave

No, you should send it to me and i'll inspect it closer.... Thats paydirt there buddy.

Well, its going to the dump sometime tomorrow (what i pulled from under it) and that axel is sittin under my dad's JK

I don't think it will be a direct swap from the jk to the Mj, but i am not sure.

No, you should send it to me and i'll inspect it closer.... Thats paydirt there buddy.

Well, its going to the dump sometime tomorrow (what i pulled from under it) and that axel is sittin under my dad's JK

I don't think it will be a direct swap from the jk to the Mj, but i am not sure.

Different wheel bolt patterns.

Different wheel bolt patterns.

What else besides that and the "you need to cut/grind/weld the spring perches on.

I saw Mopar now sells em for new JK's. Technically, would it be possible to use these on an MJ.

Sorry for the Hi-jack.

Yes. In fact I read that the front control arm mounts are actually pretty darn close to the MJ/XJ/ZJ/TJ mounts and will work. I can't verify that, it's just what I read online. The rears would need to be cleaned off and leaf perches added. The wheel bolt pattern would be 5 on 5", so you'll need new rims. You'll need the proper flanges for the driveshafts, adapt the brake lines, wire in switches for the lockers, etc.

Yes. In fact I read that the front control arm mounts are actually pretty darn close to the MJ/XJ/ZJ/TJ mounts and will work. I can't verify that, it's just what I read online. The rears would need to be cleaned off and leaf perches added. The wheel bolt pattern would be 5 on 5", so you'll need new rims. You'll need the proper flanges for the driveshafts, adapt the brake lines, wire in switches for the lockers, etc.

The front control arms are basically the same setup as is on the TJ XJ MJ ZJ WJ.........

For about $850 you can get a new front axle with brakes, locker, 4:10s etc etc.

I think the rear was either $1000 or 800 for the rear w/brakes, 4:10s locker etc.

EDIT:

Also, you can get JK wheels and tires pretty cheap. JK moabs generally sell for less than TJ moabs, no one needs the 5x5 bolt pattern yet, so there are many wheel and tire sets out there without a home.

For someone doing a buildup wanting nice drivetrain parts they are a decent option for something new geared, and locked.

I think the rear was either $1000 or 800 for the rear w/brakes, 4:10s locker etc.

Where are you getting these prices? Cheapest we've been able to find is ~$1300 for the front and ~$1200 for the rear. And that's getting a "deal"...

Where are you getting these prices? Cheapest we've been able to find is ~$1300 for the front and ~$1200 for the rear. And that's getting a "deal"...

That is correct. I qouted a set of them the other day to a friend of mine that wants to put them under a TJ and it was about $1500 front and $1400 rear.

They have also stopped building them with brakes now too. There are still some out there with the brakes on them, but all of the ones being built now will not have brakes on them, but the price is still the same.

I will make a call today and find current pricing.

If it helps with anyones search, here are the part numbers for the JK D44 axles...

Front - P5153825AB

Rear - P5153826AB

If you can find the ones without the "AB" on the end, they will likely still have the brakes on them, but the "AB" denotes the new versions without.

:cheers:

If it helps with anyones search, here are the part numbers for the JK D44 axles...

Front - P5153825AB

Rear - P5153826AB

If you can find the ones without the "AB" on the end, they will likely still have the brakes on them, but the "AB" denotes the new versions without.

AB = anti-brakes :popcorn:

Front - P5153825AB

Rear - P5153826AB

AB = anti-brakes :popcorn:

:laughin: Not quite...

It's just Chryslers way of telling us (dealership) that something has changed. The only two reasons that Chrysler updates a part number like that are a physical change being made to the part (brakes removed) or a change of supplier (no change...still Dana).