A fast one for ya

possum

:eek: :D That is quite incredible, but not something that really gets me going. I just don't see the thrill in going fast...anyone can do it and it takes no skill. I would rather be crawling over rocks at 1-2 mph personally :cheers:

:eek: :D That is quite incredible, but not something that really gets me going. I just don't see the thrill in going fast...anyone can do it and it takes no skill. I would rather be crawling over rocks at 1-2 mph personally :cheers:

not entirely true. anyone can do it, whether they make it out alive is a different story.

remember, reaction times at speeds MUST be much, much faster to avoid disaster.

not entirely true. anyone can do it, whether they make it out alive is a different story.

remember, reaction times at speeds MUST be much, much faster to avoid disaster.

And much much more controlled. Doesn't take much more than a twitch of the steering wheel to start a catastrophic series of events. :eek:

1001 HP and I believe torque in the 800 range, I can't remember. When they were building the prototype they wanted to break a 1000HP, hence the 1001. It took several visits back to the engineering drawing board to accomplish it and still make it drivable, i.e. not just cranking up the boost for peak HP. I didn't watch the video so I don't know if it gave any specs on it, sorry if I'm repeating any of it here. Anyway, top speed in excess of 250mph.

Interesting you posted this because they just announced they are going to build a topless one. Not a convertible because there is no space in the car to stow the top, so it's just a removable hardtop. Oh, and the price? Add a half mil to that $1.7 for the coupe. That's a measely $2.2 million :eek:

In the video it went from 200 km/h to 300km/h (~125 to ~187 mph) in 9.3 seconds

I would kill myself in that thing. I know from experience what happens to my common sense in cases like that. Almost died twice on a dirt bike and once on a street bike, as well as my '79 F100 with a "slightly" modified 351. My solution: don't ever again buy anything with enough hp to go that fast or enough torque to accelerate up a jump and fly 30' high.

So I've owned a 1.6l Geo Prizm (rebadged Corolla), and currently own a dog of a Suburban (low end torque, ~200hp, 6000 pounds dry) and the 4.0 MJ. And said MJ is about the max hp/weight ratio I want to own.

But what a way that would be to go... :bowdown:

Going fast is not particularly interesting, and usually is just a ticket to ticketsville.

However accelerating quickly is quite fun.......

BOOOOOOOOOOST!

I can't believe that guy can talk that much at 200 MPH.

That's gotta be an extremely smooth track and car.

I've done 130 in a VW

140 in a BMW

and had the pleasure of 150 in a Porshe sitting in the passenger seat.

Every single time I thought I was gonna crap my pants.

That vidoe gave me a panic attack.

I'm going to go take an Adavan and a couple shots of Yager and try and calm myself down.