Best option for valve cover gasket?

Get the felpro rubber one. Its like $40, but well worth it.

Whether you use cork or rubber, may I also suggest using a dab or two of Hylomar sealant (by Permatex), this stuff works better (IMHO) than anything else I've ever used jamminz.gif , oh, and it doesn't take much either.

Quoted for truth. Worth the extra money!

Soo true. Use some 3M Super Weatherstrip adhesive to stick it on to the valve cover. It's the best gasket adhesive there is. Thats all I used when I was turning wrenches for Mopar.

Quoted for truth. Worth the extra money!

Soo true. Use some 3M Super Weatherstrip adhesive to stick it on to the valve cover. It's the best gasket adhesive there is. Thats all I used when I was turning wrenches for Mopar.

Good tip.. I'm going to have to try that,,, I know that that 3M stuff is like thick rubber stringy arse goo... Works good on rubber/plastic trim pieces too!

Whether you use cork or rubber, may I also suggest using a dab or two of Hylomar sealant (by Permatex), this stuff works better (IMHO) than anything else I've ever used jamminz.gif , oh, and it doesn't take much either.

Let me add this, Hylomar is a sealant not a glue. If you ever have to take the thing apart again, just carefully peel the (rubber) gasket off, also it gives you plenty of time to set it in place and/or make small adjustments because it does not "skin" or cure. Hylomar was recommended for a timing/front cover leak repair on my car, the cover has no gasket where it sits against the head and has a rubber seal along the bottom edge that is notorious for slipping out of the groove when assembling, so far a year later no leaks at all on the cover. I have found however that it does not hold up at all in situations with gasoline or antifreeze. Good for sealing gaskets and "O" rings.