Quadtrails

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The painted fuel rail leaked from everywhere, i spent an hour or so replacing o-rings, The auto parts store doesn't sell the upper o-rings. Good thing that I have a stash of injectors to rob o-rings from. Next weekend comes v-8 zj steering / sway bar. maybe a canopy.

• 2 weeks later...

So I got my new swaybar on. But it is three inches wider then the mj swaybar. The factory skid plate won't fit. So I am widening and reinforcing my skid plate in welding class.

First I bent the skid plate straight. Then I cut the skid plate in half and tacked a piece of 1/4" plate.

Then I cut the skid plate in half and welded a piece of 1/4" plate.

(mind you that this is my first quarter of welding at clark)

Then i welded another piece on the other side.

Will have more done on monday.

Well i got a little done yesterday. I have to look and measure under my truck to see how big of gussets i can make. I am plating a grid of 3/8" scraps on the inside of the skid plate for reinforcements, hey it's free.

here are my extended mounts

more up tomorrow

• 2 months later...

well it has been a while, after the carnage I decided to tube out the rear of my mj. maybe add a small flat bed. I decided to give my liver and the bartender a break and I finally took the bed off.

Here a a couple quick picks, I will take more when i am home in day light an have it out of my carport.

Here is my gas tanks new home. that is 3/16 x 2 it is just tacked in place at the moment I am having a diamond plate box built to go over it.

all plumbed in with new fuel lines

temporary hillbilly gas cap, od green duck tape

dana 35 soon to be replaced by something bigger and wider

I picked up a rear soundbar from a 95 xj, that will go in the cab when i get a chance

• 2 weeks later...

Got the bumper tacked up. Still have to straighten it a bit. I also have to cut 7 inches off the rock guards.

How do you like my access hole since eric ripped off my door handel. ( door is being replaced.)

Ok so I finally did something cool on my jeep. I now have a dana 60 in the back. I took it off a 1972 f 250. 4.10 gears. I sized it up and saw that the perches were only an inch off, so I bolted it up. The shackles are at a small angle. I will still need to have them moved. I am going to wait until I have a spool and rock crusher cover in my possession. for now I have a rolling chassis. My drive line works perfectly with no mods. Here are some pics.

I went to hook up the u joint and brakes today. The u joint went perfectly, the 60 and 35 take the same size u joint. also the pinion is the perfect length to keep the factory drive line. then i went to test fit my new dakota brake line. it perfectly into the 60. I decided that I don't like the rear proportioning valve, so I am going to pick up an xj proportioning valve during this weekend's 1/2 price sale at u-pull it, along with doors. I also swung by Northwest Offroad Outfitters in Woodland and they will weld up my perches for $30.

Long story to be told around a campfire. image_209027.gif Getting new doors this weekend. It will all be one color again by sunday sundown.

Cliffnotes,

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13092&p=131862#p131862

Went down a ATV trail, got stuck, recovered truck, got fined for the stunt, and now the truggy project.

Yes, stupid decision, learned. :doh:

here is a pic of the drive line bolted up

Dakota brake line installed.

96 xj sound bar picking up an xj front dome light with map lights to fill that hole.

Ok, now some questions; Will I have any problems with running the brake line right off the semi rigid line? Is there a need to add another mount? What should I use to close the gap between the sound bar and the head liner?