Quadtrails

I got coats 1 and 2 of flat black on, one more tomorrow. ran #4 wire in the cab and hooked up and mounted my power inverter, and i also got my cd player installed (no more beating the hell out of my tape deck every five minits). I will have pics up tomorrow.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vzehler
:needpics:

i second that... I wanna see one in flat black... did you bomb can it or spray it pro style?

:needpics:

i second that... I wanna see one in flat black... did you bomb can it or spray it pro style?

I third...i vote can....it's easier cuz when you pro it you have to use a Satin finish agent in the clear... if you don't clear the paint rubs off in a year....

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some pics finally

I got it a little dirty camping, the power inverter worked out great it even ran my 3/4 inch drive electric impact gun. The back is just wall mart 99 cent cans 16 to be exact still need to do the second coat.

• 3 months later...

I opened pandora's box today. I got my new wiring harness wednesday, went to take the dash out and a few hours later there is nothing but metal left inside my mj. I pulled the cloth off the seats and ran them through the washer, then the carpet came out..... the floor boards had some surface rust.. nothing abnormal on an 18 year old truck. then on the tranny tunel there is a crack. One of the weirdest things that i have seen. So I drilled each end of the tare, then bondo'd it shut, i will sand it out and primer it. I also got some rubberized undercoating that will go on the floor to help with road noise. I will have pics up soon.

My next item on the agenda is noise reduction. I am going to coat the entire cab in 1/4'' thick foam pad that goes under pergo floors. the floor will get three coats and the wall one or two... we'll see what works.

btw I have to drive this truck to school monday.

full day number two is in the books, ran into some trouble.... the hot lead to the ignition switch (red wire) is not hot fallowed with diagram and had no luck ran a hot lead to that wire and vualla, my truck fired up. I also replaced the ignition cylinder. have gotten the pad and carpet down. dash and guages all in. now it is bed time. driving the kia to school tomorrow.

Edit/Delete Message

I hate upolstery!!!!!!!!! :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop:

• 2 weeks later...

I now have it all back together!!! :driving: The foam pad that i used for sound deadening was a great success!!!! :banana: Now the only thing that I can hear in the cab while cuising is my exaust leak. I am going to have that fixed in a little over a week. Now I need to figure out where my shimmy is coming from.

• 2 weeks later...

The shimmy is gone, it was the top track bar joint. Fixed it for now. Hope to find ZJ steering next weekend. Started work on my header this evening. Everything is going way faster and smoother then expected. I now have the intake manifold and header installed. The power steering pump is back on as well, I replaced the belt while I had it off. I am going to look for a plug for the egr on the bottom of the manifold. I also have to finish fabbing up the exaust. Have work in the morning, will have pics up soon.

The header is in. Aside from fighting leaky injectors everything went pretty smooth.

Here is the relocated o2 sensor

here is my old manifold, pretty bad eh?

Here is my redneck exaust work, I had to reduce it from 2" to 2 1/4". It took 2 sleeves and 3 clamps. Then to be safe, I sealed around all the fittings with muffler mender

All put together

My painted skid plate

Image Not Found