Quadtrails

Well I have the frame side trackbar in. and here are some pics.

First of all Willy, here is your fish plate.

Here are some of the under side and the trackbar mount. I had to put a little bit of an angle on the trackbar mount so that I can have it centered over the axle and still have it clear the coil.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is all that I have. To be honest I had to google fish plate to see what you were talking about. And slayta, I think that I am ok on rosette welds I have over 100 per side, how are your welding projects coming???

Here are my steering angles the high end of the draglink will actually be lower due to a misalignment spacer, I think that will make them almost identical.

Oh and welcome to comancheclub mjslaya, Where is your build thread?

ok well I made some more progress, I decided to take a break from the frame plating for a night and work on the axle end of the trackbar. I spent about an hour and five cut off wheels to remove and grind down the trackbar mount and steering stabilizer mounts. I accidentally ordered the wrong size axle tube diameter of trackbar mount. So rather then paying the $24 for shipping it back and forth I got about a foot of 3.5" od .375 wall tubing and am sleeving the section of my axle that the trackbar mounts to. So to keep in the spirit of my frame plating I have 18 rosette welds on the top half of the tube. Then I welded the entire perimeter.

Then I welded all the seems on the trackbar mount, jacked the truck up to proper ride height, got it at a perfect 90 degrees and tacked it in place.

I am noticing that the trackbar mount is going to collect water, dirt and what ever lands in the center of the mount, Should I be drilling a couple holes in the mount?

I am noticing that the trackbar mount is going to collect water, dirt and what ever lands in the center of the mount, Should I be drilling a couple holes in the mount?

Maybe close in the hole in the top and weld up every seam? I'm about to use a similar bracket to move the track bar over the axle and was considering doing this.

Willy

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok so I spent the weekend at u pull it... the clunkers are in!!!!!

My mj has a new nose!!!

Here is a picture of my trackbar

The 3/4x4 grade 8's for the trackbar

Here is my design for my crossmember. Me andDarren are building it tomorrow.

I saw this on my way home from the steel yard today

it is a f/s bronco with a narrowed body sitting on rockwells with coilovers.

Well I got started on my crossmember today. I started by making a frame out of .120 wall 1x1 square tube

The I tacked on pieces of 1/8" plate on the bottom side. I need it to be 3/4" thick on the parts where it mounts to the frame so I used 1/2" angle iron and made box's with plate.

Then I welded up all the seams and ground them smooth so it will slide over the rocks better

I got a start on plating the top side. it is getting pretty heavy.

So I wound up going to a couple u pull its with a buddy looking for 97+ front clip parts. I was looking inside of an xj and decided that I wanted the wood grain trim on my door panel. So I grabbed them I didn't want the all pleather door panels so I cut my panells off with a razor blade and then popped on the woodgrain piece. now it matches my dash.

• 1 year later...

Well I took some time and went back to the drawing board, and Ive been busy as of late. I moved into a place with a big heated garage. I'm finally back to work on my jeep. Here's a brief rundown of what I've done since I last posted on here.

First of all I got late model fenders to match the clip because It's gonna be a while before I do the tube work up front.

Then I cut the ford radius arm mounts off my crossmember

Then i cut about a foot off my radius arms and notched it to fit some dom fitted with tube adapters and ballistic style joints on the ends.

I made up mounts for the joints to mount on the crossmember, welded them up and have the tacked in place, welding them up tomorrow.

pushed my front axle 1.6" forward to 114.5 for clearance between my track bar and oil pan.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

So I haven't been around in a while thought i'd give you an update. I now have the thing light up like a christmas tree. Lightforces, hid's rock lights and reverse lights. It has new shoes New 39.5 Irocks. After spending a lot of time tinkering with the radius arms I am doing away with them in the next month or two I will be installing the Clayton 3 link kit that is sitting in my garage. The front now has a spartan. I have 5.38 gears for the front, just waiting on funding for the rear gears.... 4.10's and 40's sucks..... Oh and I just dropped in a new motor too. 4.0 with 2k on a rebuild.

• 3 months later...