Need a profile upgrade...

Guest vzehler

Guest vzehler

I thought it would be helpful to suggest that we upgrade the profiles with the ability for user's to input details about their vehicle such as engine, trans, t-case, axles, mods, etc.

It would help immensely in the technical aspect of helping others troubleshoot their symptoms by knowing immediately what their vehicle is equipped with.

Then, of course if your reading through someone's thread and see something you really like in a picture... You can bump over to someone's profile and see what brand, model, etc. it is.

Guest vzehler

I hate to say it but 400 max characters is not alot to give detailed information about your rig... For example your sig is very vague and you had to keep it extremely general due to the lack of space to work with...

I'm talking something similar to this:

http://jeepspace.jeepforum.com/Jerry%20Bransford

It's detailed and for example... Say he asked a question about his rerar axle. We all know most TJ's have a D35 stock in the rear and had he not filled in his profile we would be thinking D35 not D44 since he upgraded...

It's just a thought... besides it's a nice way to make a showcase for our pride and joy in addition to our build threads.

I like that too, but I think that comes along with the type of forum Pete runs. Not sure, but untill then thats what the rig builds is all about. In my build I try to list everything I do and the site or info of where I got it. But I can see the profile page being a nice add on if we could get it on this site.

To my knowledge, this forum software doesn't support that type of thing. It is free software though. :D

I have a cardomain site in my signature that give out details. Same sort of thing I guess.

To my knowledge, this forum software doesn't support that type of thing. It is free software though. :D

And as i always say: if its for free; its for me. :D

Yeah, the software is free -- but somebody has to host it, somewhere.

I think it's far more fun when somebody posts a question like "Help, it dun run, I fiddled with some stuff and it still no worky" and here's real no information to go on.

Besides, I don't want to list my mods. I only have like 3.

Yeah you always good for that aren't you? :teehee:

Guest vzehler

Ok. The sig line works for me. It was just a thought afterall.

Anyways, what's wrong with taking pride in your work? (translated as bragging) lol

I mean if your rig is bad @$$.... its just bad @$$ and people are going to ask you about it. Just my 2 cents :chillin: