a MJ from France

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the computer in the console is not activ.. because the 98 XJ have this ccd-bus :mad:

Yes it does have the CCD bus, however if you have a HO MJ then you can take the console out of a 93-95 ZJ/ZG and wire that in to be fully functional with all trip and gas mileage functions.

Yes it does have the CCD bus, however if you have a HO MJ then you can take the console out of a 93-95 ZJ/ZG and wire that in to be fully functional with all trip and gas mileage functions.

i thought this wasn't possible...is there a write up somewhere? I've already done all the wiring for a pre-97 XJ console, but i'd rip it out and start over to have some of the extra functions.

Sorry about the hijack.

i thought this wasn't possible...is there a write up somewhere? I've already done all the wiring for a pre-97 XJ console, but i'd rip it out and start over to have some of the extra functions.

Sorry about the hijack.

Hehehe, I see you found my writeup on Jeepin.

thanks for the link...so basically the idea is to drop a ZJ bcm onto MJ CCD bus, and have it send data to the ZJ overhead console. pretty cool stuff. I think i'll have to add this of the list of stuff to grab on the next JY run.

hijack>

I will have to check over the wiring once again, but in addition to the writeup I posted on Jeepin I think I have it figured out for the older cherokees.

the older ZJ overhead console had dedicated inputs for things such as fuel level, temp, dimmer switch etc - as well as the CCD bus. The 96-98 ZJ BCM was only to pass the temp sensor data to the ZJ overhead console, if you were wiring in an older ZJ overhead console I'm pretty sure there is nothing you would need a newer BCM for.

So basically, a 93-95 ZJ trip computer needs more wiring connected to it, but it *should* also work with a HO XJ MJ.........it might be limited to 93+ HO XJs.

Right now this is all untested, which is why it has not been added to the writeup on Jeepin yet.

ok folks..........lets get started on how you would do this:

Look at page 4 here:

http://colorado4wheel.com/allmanuals/Je ... RING_2.PDF

Now download the 95 ZJ FSM here:

http://colorado4wheel.com/allmanuals/Jeep/ZJ/

And look at pages 191-193, and page 351. You will see that the ZJ overhead console will need all those inputs.

Basically, it looks like any HO(or post renix 2.5L) should be compatible with the 93-95ZJ overhead console, with a little bit of work to wire it in.

I should also note that the caravan overhead console looks like it has the exact same trip computer, IE if you sourced a caravan console you would not need to go through all the hoopla of installing the ZJ trip computer and BCM into the caravan console. The caravan console is the same as the XJ console, minus the before mentioned rear switches.

I have a 2,5L monopoint....

Today comes the lift..

Thanks on Motion Offroad for this fast shipping jamminz.gif

on the front I have ZJ coils and 2" spacer

Rear, just the 2" shackles

one side

1196147.jpg

1196148.jpg

1196150.jpg

1196151.jpg

rear, I think that 1" higher would be perfect

I need a adjustable trackbar

it´s not a hole...

it´s the sun on the grund of the other side..

I was also surprise

Image Not Found

:huh???:

I see what he meant, in the second pic it looks like there is a hole in the rear tire well, right above the tire. but you guys were referring to the last pic.

Jonathan

Been too long since I moved out of Europe to have forgotten.

LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas, or basically propane) is commonly used as an automotive fuel in Europe. Gasoline engine can run it without internal modifications, and you can switch back and forth on the fly. Gasoline will give you more power, but LPG is much much cheaper, as it is essentially a waste byproduct of refining oil.

Another common waste byproduct is called diesel. Why diesel and LPG are more expensive than gasoline in the US is something I have never yet been able to figure out.

ah this hole... :oops:

the MJ had an LPG tank .. and this was the tank connection.

here you can see this on my XJ

307937.jpg

and the tank into the XJ

307935.jpg

holly fireball batman... good idea, but D@MN all I can think of is "Go Boom" if it gets rearended...

Another common waste byproduct is called diesel. Why diesel and LPG are more expensive than gasoline in the US is something I have never yet been able to figure out.

Diesel used to be way cheaper than gas, thats one of the reasons my dad bought a new superduty back in 98

ah this hole... :oops:

the MJ had an LPG tank .. and this was the tank connection.

here you can see this on my XJ

307937.jpg

and the tank into the XJ

307935.jpg

holly fireball batman... good idea, but D@MN all I can think of is "Go Boom" if it gets rearended...

No more dangerous than the gas tank that is directly beneath it. Does it make you uneasy knowing that you are traveling around with up to 20 gallons of gasoline that will make a nice explosion if ignited in an accident? If either tank explodes it won't be pretty. :eek:

Willy

the lpg-tank cannot explose, they have a security valve.

the security are very big, and is strong fireproof..

I think gasoline fired lighter

the lpg cost ca. 0,70 Euro / litre. => ca. 3,94 USD /gallon

super gasoline cost 1,50 Euro/litre => ca 8,45 USD /gallon :headpop: :nuts:

lpg is not so expensive..