MOVIE QUOTES

georgiaboy27

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred, now Fred, don't make me come in there after you!

No sir, I don't think Fred bit you, because he absolutely don't like grease!

Boy, did you know you were going 96 miles an hour?

96 mile an hour? I didn't think this truck could do 96 miles an hour?!

Wooky, I was holding that one in my back pocket for later LOL. Absolutely one of the greatest lines of all time, and to think how much that line/insinuation pushed the "politically correct" envelope, even though it was 1977.

But IMO the most hilarious dialogue in the movie was right after he asked for the other cops to set up a roadblock. I bust a gut on it every time and it is dripping with satire.

This is Sheriff Buford T. Justice of Texarcana, Texas! :mad:

Sir, did you say you were a sheriff? (Sheriff Branford)

That's a big 10-4! :mad: :mad:

Sir, the fact that you are a sheriff is not germane to the situation.

The g@d d@mn germans got nothin' to do with it??!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Wooky, I was holding that one in my back pocket for later LOL. Absolutely one of the greatest lines of all time, and to think how much that line/insinuation pushed the "politically correct" envelope, even though it was 1977.

I didn't mean to be a bubble buster there Steeler, and I agree that there were many toes over the line with that one. The German line :nuts: had and still has me cracking up every time......almost as much as John Belushi asking "....was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor...."

I'm going to have to fix my jukebox and listen to a few obscure Jerry Reed classics from the Bandit era. I think I'll start with "The Bird" and then the flip side, "Caffiene, Nicotine, Benzedrine- Wish Me Luck".

• 3 weeks later...
Tracker, how 'bout "You got the gold mine, I got the shaft". I love that Jerry Reed song.

:bowdown: I love everything he does whether it's singing or acting. It's hard to picture him when he isn't cracking a joke; but if you look up some of his older clips you'll be impressed with his musical ability. Get on You Tube and keyword "Jerry Reed Chet Atkins".

Oh yeah, back to the thread:

"So I says, 'Hey- Dali. How 'bout a little something, you know, for the effort?'

You know what he tells me? Gunga galunga- No- Gunga gun galunga. Which means; On your death bed you will receive total conciousness.

So I got that going for me."

Excuse me if I butchered it. It's been a while since I've seen it. :popcorn:

Wow, good call Tracker, the eternal struggle between the greasers and the soc's (pronounced "so-sh's", or short for "socials" for those of you unknown to this movie classic). Man that movie was loaded with "stars before they were stars".

Head "Soc" to Ponyboy (I think) - You can't win. You know that, don't you? It doesn't matter if you whip us, you'll still be where you were before, at the bottom. And we'll still be the lucky ones at the top with all the breaks. It doesn't matter. Greasers will still be Greasers and Socs will still be Socs. It doesn't matter.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

bart: What's your name?

jim: Well, my name is Jim. But, most people call me . . . Jim

Blazing Saddles... in my top five for sure.

"Now I don't have to tell you good folks what's been happening in our beloved little town. Sheriff murdered, crops burned, stores looted, people stampeded, and cattle raped. The time has come to act, and act fast. I'm leaving."