what's a 2.5 mpfi "conversion kit" worth, if anyth

JeepcoMJ

I'm parting out an xj here (if i don't decide to fix it) that's a 93 2.5 4 cylinder 5 speed.

it has multi-port fuel injection.

is anyone here interested in the COMPLETE system to put mpfi on your renix era 2.5?

this will include

all intake,

exhaust manifold,

all engine bay wiring harness and accessories (I'm keeping the washer and coolant reservoirs),

throttle body,

fuel pump and tank if you want them,

fuel lines,

fuel rail,

interior wiring harness and accessories.

electronic speedo accessories

ECU

this will literally be everything needed to convert any 2.5 TBI to an MPFI system

will need mods to work on an automatic.

what's the value of this complete system, and is anyone looking for it?

not posting this in classifieds yet because i wanted to know if there's a market for it, or if anyone was interested. it'd be the complete kit...i don't want to part anything out, if no one were to want it i would save it for a rainy day.

No, the multi-port version of the 2.5L produced quite a bit more horsepower and torque than the TBI version. It's a conversion that is VERY worthwhile doing.

Jeep's price on essentially the same conversion for the old 4.2L Wrangler I-6 was something like $1500 or $2000, IIRC. For a 4-cylinder and used parts, IMHO it has to be worth at least $500, maybe a bit more.

No, the multi-port version of the 2.5L produced quite a bit more horsepower and torque than the TBI version. It's a conversion that is VERY worthwhile doing.

Jeep's price on essentially the same conversion for the old 4.2L Wrangler I-6 was something like $1500 or $2000, IIRC. For a 4-cylinder and used parts, IMHO it has to be worth at least $500, maybe a bit more.

lol.

thanks for the high price.

i meant, price from you guys (we manche guys are notoriously cheap compared to most other jeepers) :P

still, if someone wants to pay me $500 for it...;)

it's a cherokee and i'm not fixing it up.

the axles are needed, tranny with np231 would be nice as a spare, a buddy needs the body cause of trail carnage (his mechanics are good, body is fubar).

were I to fix it, I'd say it would be worth somewhere around 2,000 dollars being a 5 speed 4wd 4 cylinder with a fresh motor (needs rebuilt) and clutch, 4.10 gears, and I'd take out all the rust. that was originally the plan (build it and drive it) but i don't have the time right now.

if anyone is interested, make me an offer.

were I to fix it, I'd say it would be worth somewhere around 2,000 dollars being a 5 speed 4wd 4 cylinder with a fresh motor (needs rebuilt) and clutch, 4.10 gears, and I'd take out all the rust.

What's it worth as it sits now since it only needs half of a new body and a fresh motor?? And yeah, I know, don't ask me what I paid for it. :cheers:

were I to fix it, I'd say it would be worth somewhere around 2,000 dollars being a 5 speed 4wd 4 cylinder with a fresh motor (needs rebuilt) and clutch, 4.10 gears, and I'd take out all the rust.

What's it worth as it sits now since it only needs half of a new body and a fresh motor?? And yeah, I know, don't ask me what I paid for it. :cheers:

haha. it's worth $500 in my opinion.

don't try to suggest i just sell it outright. that would be much harder to sell, and i'd lose the axles. :P

• 2 weeks later...

MPI and TBI are completely different. I just done this swap with a 91 YJ MPI into my TBI and lets just say it can get very very touchy. The Big plug on the firewall doesnt match most of the wires so you have to pull the metal tabs out without destroying them and move them so they line up in the right spot so the fuse panel and interior equipment will work. ALso the MPI has so many extra wires you can cut out. Can be very tedious but i love it now plus the my MPG is better. If someone does this i can give a few pointers on it because there are no writeups i could find for it. Good luck selling this is a worthwhile swap for those 4 banger lovers like me.

Cole

MPI and TBI are completely different. I just done this swap with a 91 YJ MPI into my TBI and lets just say it can get very very touchy. The Big plug on the firewall doesnt match most of the wires so you have to pull the metal tabs out without destroying them and move them so they line up in the right spot so the fuse panel and interior equipment will work. ALso the MPI has so many extra wires you can cut out. Can be very tedious but i love it now plus the my MPG is better. If someone does this i can give a few pointers on it because there are no writeups i could find for it. Good luck selling this is a worthwhile swap for those 4 banger lovers like me.

Cole

complete with interior harness...no need for swapping pins out.

Ohh i missed that part. That makes it alot easier to do. I had no interior harness to work with. If you are planning on an upgrade for your 2.5 i say this would be it. BUT i would thread thru the wires and make sure they are needed for you truck and if not just fish them outso your harness would be much smaller. OH and for the price I paid 500 motor and all from a buddy of mine but i didnt have the interior harness like i stated so i would probly say 300-350 for the complete wire set and accesories. Much easier then trying to pull it yourself and you don't have to hunt the little pieces.

Cole