searching for tools....

jtdesigns

OK, Do you guys get a lil pissed when every time you go to get say like a philips screwdriver and all you can find are straights?? Or vice vrs?? Or go to get a 12mm and can only find 13mm,, but when you go look for a 13mm all you find are 12mm's.... or whatever????

I went to my tool box today to get a straight screwdriver,,, even before I opened it I said,, I know I will only find philips. sure dam nuff came out with 3 philips instead of a straight,,, it never fails...

Just wanted to know if I was the only one,,, or am I losing it... :nuts:

pack and roll works good. But I'm the same way, but it's because my buddies use my tools and never put them back in the same spot. But I got me one of those 74pcs hand held pack of tools, for those quick and simple jobs and I keep it under the seat for quck access. Works great got it from Sears,

pack and roll works good. But I'm the same way, but it's because my buddies use my tools and never put them back in the same spot. But I got me one of those 74pcs hand held pack of tools, for those quick and simple jobs and I keep it under the seat for quck access. Works great got it from Sears,

yeah those sets are really nice! I have a 1/4" drive set like that,, It used to be my dads.. Surprisingly it still has all its pieces too.. but is old and the case looks like its been through war..

or when you look for like a 13mm and you find like 1000000 12's and 14's

Exactly!!

Yeah it has the stubby adjustable wrench and the stubby reversable rachet, the 1/4 and 1/2 inch drives. Got it on sale for $15 from $30 and used it plenty all ready.

Yeah I wouldn't of passed that one up either.

i've got a nice Stanley toolset that i use, but the damn ratchets broke...gotta pick up new ones. I have trouble finding stuff in it sometimes...

I like Stanley tools.. decently priced, and you can pick them up with the milk and bread, from walmart..

this is why you organize your toolbox and keep stuff put up, you can't make money if you can't find your tools. :cheers:

hard to beat time on things when you're diggin around, staying neat and organized is the only way to do it.

this is why you organize your toolbox and keep stuff put up, you can't make money if you can't find your tools. :cheers:

hard to beat time on things when you're diggin around, staying neat and organized is the only way to do it.

Yelp... your right,,,, :redX:

i pride myself in the fact that mine didn't come from walmart, thanks.

lol oh yeah I forgot, you guys aren't fond with your neighbors..

he is just joking, he likes to wake up and look out the window to see that big WAL-MART sign, then go to the other side of the house to look at all the rich snobs behind him... :D

bah, idc anymore. nothing i can do. they're a conglomerate though, and their growth needs to be STOPPED dead in it's tracks like yesterday.

he is just joking, he likes to wake up and look out the window to see that big WAL-MART sign, then go to the other side of the house to look at all the rich snobs behind him... :D

:rotfl2: :cheers:

bah, idc anymore. nothing i can do. they're a conglomerate though, and their growth needs to be STOPPED dead in it's tracks like yesterday.

:agree:

i've got a nice Stanley toolset that i use, but the damn ratchets broke...gotta pick up new ones. I have trouble finding stuff in it sometimes...

I have a craftsman set and all 3 sizes of ratchet that came with the set is broken. I need to return them all. I am thinking of switching to huskys (home depot brand). tired of broken craftsman ratchets.

MY tool boxes stay trashed. Now I am to the point.. I grab what I need when I start a project.. and the boxes/unneeded stuff stay put. Most of the time you only need a couple of different sizes, and maybe one or two other things.

as for tool brands. Well here is my take.... I own some Mac, and Snap ON from when I worked at the body shop. Was great at the time to pay for tools on time, but now that I don't work there any more.. It is a real PITA to try and get a tool replaced.

I own some Popular Mechanics stuff (used to be a wal mart brand life time replacement), love the finish and for the most part they are the only brand of tool that I havent broke every ratchet in. Also the finish is matte, and it is easy to see the numbers on them.

I won a bunch of Craftsman junk. The reason why I call it junk is it breaks regularly. From ratchets, to sockets... yeah they have a lifetime guarantee.. but that does me no good when I need my tools to work.

I own some AM Pro (advance Auto) So far no issues with their tools.. it breaks they replace it.

I own a bunch of Nothern tool stuff, so far no issus with their stuff breaking

When It comes to air tools I try to only buy IR... I know they are pricey.. but no issues.