Okay - another "What's This Worth" thread

HOrnbrod

Was cruising to the next county yesterday on my weekly beer run (I live in a "dry" county :nuts: ), and I spotted a red MJ in a guys yard. Cruised into the yard on my way back for a look-see. Knocked on the door, nobody was home. The house was beautiful, definitely not rednecks. :brows: The rig is an 89 Eliminator SWB, 2WD, A/C, 90K, on the odo, w. a 5-speed tranny. Paint was faded, but the body was great, NO rust or dents, and the interior looked new w. buckets and a full console. Even had a cargo light! I left a note on the door with my name and telephone, and the guy calls last night. He is the original owner, hadn't contemplated selling it, just uses it around town, runs great, nothing wrong with it, and said he'd call when he wanted to sell it. Turns out the guy is the city attorney. :D yeah, a lawyer.

His wife called about an hour later, says she hates the truck, wants a new one, and is working on him to sell it - cheap (her words). Figured I might throw a paint job on it, and resell it. So guys, "What's This Worth"?

all the sweet deals are half way across the country. that's crap. taking a trip down to alabama, probably sometime this year with the family. maybe i'll see what they have around the states then.

i would keep it if i were you. unless you have more than you know what to do with.

i paid $900 for my Eliminator and it was rusty, didn't run, smelled really wierd, but it did have a cargo light, sunroof, air, tilt, cruise, cap.

No cap or sunroof, but has the rest. Has the original bed liner too. Only rust is on the edge of the step rear bumper where he must have backed repeatedly into something and skinned it. Side moldings are all intact. It was parked on concrete, no oil slicks underneath. This rig has good possibilities.

c'mon HB, you know the drill, pics man, pics!

sounds to me like a $1000-$1500 truck the sub-100k miles and as cleans as the rest of your description reads. :chillin:

I agree, but the wife did say CHEAP!!!! :brows:

You got the point JT. Do not want to seem like "over eager". I'll cruise by tomorrow and see if anybody's home............

c'mon HB, you know the drill, pics man, pics!

sounds to me like a $1000-$1500 truck the sub-100k miles and as cleans as the rest of your description reads. :chillin:

I agree, but the wife did say CHEAP!!!! :brows:

You got the point JT. Do not want to seem like "over eager". I'll cruise by tomorrow and see if anybody's home............

If I were you I'd play on the lady of the houses side!!.. I mean really most lawyers are just spineless liers, so I'm betting shes the one wearing the Levi's!! :D j/kn of course, but she did call YOU back right??

i would go over there with what you want to buy it for in your pocket. i bet they would be persuaded to sell it when they see you take out a wad of money. :D

truth,, money talks, BS walks,,, dudes a lawyer let 'em get a sniff of the green,, he'll break**!!! lol,

**DISCLAIMER: I really don't hate lawyers just that they've billed me many times.

Yeah, 50s high, 30s low most of Jan and Feb. Nothing like y'all get, but cold for 'Bama since we live in the highest elevation town in the state. In looking at Eagle's posts with his weather avatar, we are about equal most of the time to the CT temps.