Newest toy

JOMJ87

Not a jeep or off road machine but still fun. This is my first Bike its a 2007 V-Star midnight. I have already lowered it and Made a Side mount plate for it to help the looks along with bullet turn signals in the rear.

Cole

A word of advice.... I used to run a Yamaha dealer for a few years, Don't go overboard on customizing that 650, It is a great bike to learn on, but in about a year you are going to be ready to step up to something with a little more umph. V-Star 1100, 1300 etc. You will definatly enjoy that machine I have no doubt, but the first time you try to take a longer highway trip you will see what I mean.

Be safe wear your helmet (no matter how cool you think you look with out it, you will look like an idiot with a feeding tube)

Watch out for the "other guy" people in 4 wheeled vehicles are all A$$ holes when you are on the bike.

ENJOY!!!!!

Not a jeep or off road machine but still fun. This is my first Bike its a 2007 V-Star midnight. I have already lowered it and Made a Side mount plate for it to help the looks along with bullet turn signals in the rear. Cole

Baby Harley wannabe. :D

It is a great bike to learn on, but in about a year you are going to be ready to step up to something with a little more umph. V-Star 1100, 1300 etc. You will definatly enjoy that machine I have no doubt, but the first time you try to take a longer highway trip you will see what I mean.

X2....I had a Virago 650 with quad carbs and a Vance&Hines pipe on it (didn't have shaft-drive :cry: ). First time I took it for a test ride I nearly brought the front end over the back. They have ALOT of off the line ooomph ;) but highway trips were not very comfortable......

Damn sexy lookin' bike, though Cole. I'm jealous!

Jeff

edit:

(no matter how cool you think you look with out it, you will look like an idiot with a feeding tube)

:bowdown:

Best damn way I've ever heard it said....

fiatslug87 wrote:

What are the other two in the garage?

Sporty and a V-star classic 650 and theres a V-star 1100 also but i don't think its in the garage.

LJRockstar wrote:

It is a great bike to learn on, but in about a year you are going to be ready to step up to something with a little more umph. V-Star 1100, 1300 etc. You will definatly enjoy that machine I have no doubt, but the first time you try to take a longer highway trip you will see what I mean.

I have had the bike for about 3 months. I just got around to posting pictures. Since i lowered it its much more agile and the longest i have riden was about 80 miles at 65 or so and it really wasnt to bad. Now that sporty and 1100 v-star are not comfy at all. It is a starter bike but i intend on keeping it around for a few years. I am not big on power or speed and granted the 1100 has plenty i am happy with the 650 so far. ALSO i never ever ever will sit on a quad or bike without a helmet..PERIOD end of story. I raced quads and know what happens to people without proper gear. Hell i even got a leather jacket and i despise leather. Thanks guys

Cole

Thats a nice ride. You can store it by me anytime just remember to leave me the keys. :D I'd even be a nice guy and give you my bench seat when you drop it off. :brows:

Well i got plenty of storage spots for it and i found a bench seat so i will pass. But i will keep it in mind if I'm around you and in need. Thats kinda a long ride for storing it to.

Cole

Not a jeep or off road machine but still fun. This is my first Bike its a 2007 V-Star midnight. I have already lowered it and Made a Side mount plate for it to help the looks along with bullet turn signals in the rear. Cole

Baby Harley wannabe. :D

I agree but from all the die hard Harley buddies of mine i have heard to many maintnence issue after a couple years. That sporty in the pic needs worked on every time you look wrong at it. But maybe one day ill get one.

;)

Cole

I've had several Honda's. The last one was a Shadow Spirit 750. Looked identical to your new bike. It was a lot of fun but I'll second the comment about not modding it. You will want more power very soon.

I traded mine on a Harley Night Train & never looked back. I refuse to buy anything but a Harley from now on. They feel clunky & wierd comming off the jap bikes but once you get used to it, there's no comparo.

For now, ride the wheels off it. You'll love it! And like they said, watch EVERYBODY. You gotta think way ahead & always leave room to get out of trouble. As for helmets, LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE!

Well the Vance and Hines pipes were on it when i bought it. I got it used but with only 1500 on it and 3 months. The guiys went to a sport bike. I love it and I have riden the 1100 V-star and the Sporty and a Fat Boy. The fat boy was NICE but not a price i want to pay any time soon. I will ride it until i want more and then go find it.

Cole