Parts Rigs

armybmbsqd

A customer came in the store today (I work at O'Reilly Auto Parts) and he knows I drive a Comanche. He has two Cherokees he wants to get rid of, one 89 4.0 and a 94 4.0 HO. Both for $500. The 94 has some engine problems but it does have leather seats jamminz.gif

I'm not sure what the wife will say :mad: but she may come home to find two more Jeeps in the drive.

The 89 runs great and has F150 springs on the front and some worn out 31" tires.

The 94 has a 4" Trail Master lift with TC lowering bracket and good 30" tires, tinted glass but a bad motor.

I think I can get $500 worth of parts out of them :D

I have to go check them out and see for myself what shape they are in.

More to come....

Pat K

89 MJ

4.7 Stroker

$500 for both Cherokee's.

I just have to find someplace close to home to park them. No room in my drive :cry:

HI to all the other S'consinites although I'm almost a Twin City guy :oops:

I live about 30 miles east of St Paul.

Pat K

89 MJ

4.7 Stroker

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZ I SWEAR there is some kind of undercover deal going on in friggin Wiscahnsin, land of the $500 Jeep! I don't think a day goes by I look on here and see one of you cheeseheads throwing perfectly good Jeeps at one another for next to nothing!!

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZ I SWEAR there is some kind of undercover deal going on in friggin Wiscahnsin, land of the $500 Jeep! I don't think a day goes by I look on here and see one of you cheeseheads throwing perfectly good Jeeps at one another for next to nothing!!

:teehee:

nah, they don't throw them at me...i just play interference before they recieve a worse fate.

We spread the parts around as needed. JeepcoMJ will have a couple of parts XJ's in a few months to make a nice rig with.

I'm stripping one to go my MJ and he is putting it back together with the other one. I just pulled wire harnesses tonight. I'm going to make some more good progress on Sunday and Monday. I'm selling the parts that aren't reused from my '89 MJ parts once they are removed and believe they already have a home...

When we are done it is after all the good parts are used and saved for the next project.

The shell or maybe only some just scrap steel from it is all thats left when we are done.

I am with him. That never happens down here.

Hilarious. So, what are you keeping? I might be interested in the 89 4.0 depending on miles etc. Let me know........

I don't have any specific plans yet. I will get a better idea once I get a look at them. The 89 is the same year as my MJ so it would make a great spare parts "store". They both have clear titles so anything is possible..

• 2 weeks later...

I was finally able to get to see one of the rigs. I have pics of the 94. Apparently the engine has a blown piston.

For those of you not in Wisconsin, the white stuff in the pics is snow ;)

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got a chance to see the second Cherokee. The years were off a bit, the first is a 92 and the second is an 88. But for $500 I don't think that the years matter.

Yes, thats more SNOW

Image Not Found

It's supposed to run, no battery

Image Not Found

Maybe a floor shifter for my MJ

Image Not Found

Too bad these won't fit a Comanche

Image Not Found

Only major item is missing window but that won't fit a Comanche either :D

Image Not Found

This one has a 242 T-Case

Image Not Found

I think the block out of the 88 will go into the 92 and will be sold sold to a guy I work with and the rest of the 88 is spare parts for me. I think there is a spare HO block included and another AW4.

• 2 months later...

Well I closed the deal on these two XJ's a while back but they were buried in the snow. The seller delivered the first one last Thursday and was supposed to bring the other one yesterday. Still waiting on that :headpop:

I knew he had some spare parts as well but did not realize how much there was. I did not have to work today so after class I went home and dug out all the stuff in the back of the '92. The original plan was to get this one running for a guy at work but his situation has changed and can't take it anymore. So I guess I'll be parting both of them out (after picking out the parts I

want/need :D )

I took about 90 pics of the first one and all the spare parts and have them posted on Photobucket

I will be parting this rig out and will give ComancheClub members first dibs. If anyone has any specific needs please let me know and I will let you know if it is available. Once I get the other one and get the parts I want I will post more details in the classifieds and then on other forums and Craig's List.

I believe I have a total of three 242 T-cases and three AW4's. The '92 has some nice lift parts in the front. Both have trailer hitches. The '92 has leather seats and all the interior trim (gray). There is also rear side windows, rear hatch glass and rear door glass (bronze tint) in the spares he gave me.

Take a look at the pics and stand by for more details in the classifieds.

And I think I know where I can pick up a beat up 2wd 87 Comanche for about $75 - $100 ;)

I am with him. That never happens down here.

I have bought a bunch of running Xj's for around that price... well not lately but a yr or two ago...But I went to stripping half ton and 3/4 ton fords... and never paid over 200 for them :nuts: You just have to know where to look... also ppl have to know that you will come get their crap, and take it away when you say you will :brows: