Yet another bucket seat question

Hi all!

I'm looking to put buckets into my 1992 MJ.

I unfortunately picked up some 1995s country sport seats that fold forward, however, I’ve since learned that the bottom frame has been changed as of that year. 

I can try to do a bunch of work with 1x1 steel square stock, but I think my apartment would probably kick me out.

so instead, I’m gonna try to sell these mint seats and get me some period correct ones. I’ve sourced the my bucket brackets that have individual sliders so each seat can be adjusted. 

my question is, I’ve seen the pic showing the different brackets but I need to find the seat frames from a 2 door, and country sport off a 2 door so they fold forward still. does that exist? I’ll attach some pics for reference as to what I’m looking for 

I love the side bulges that hold you in place. Let me know what you guys think 

IMG_7761.png

IMG_7760.png

IMG_7759.png

7 hours ago, Colt6920 said:

I wound up ordering Corbeau seats for my wife's Comanche.  They even offer seat brackets that are specific to the Comanche to make things a lot simpler to install.  .  

The Corbeau seats I put in my Comanche are really quite awesome.   They are VERY comfortable, with firm cushions and nice bolsters.  I put in ones that recline, with adjustable lumbar support, in an all-cloth covering (you don't want leather in the AZ sun, unless you want the backs of your thighs fried.)

My ONLY complaint is that there is a small plastic piece that covers the recliner mechanism, and the screw boss broke off on the cover on both the driver's and passenger's side.   I think it was overtighted at the factory, and the piece is not tolerant of such aggressive assembly.

I was able to fabricate a small metal piece to replace the broken hollow plastic boss, and reassembled it all back together, good as new.

Otherwise, they are GREAT seats.  They are not terribly expensive, but that's sort of relative, because virtually ALL new replacement seats are a substantial investment.

Another option to consider, if the seats match your interior. is taking the covers off the seats you have now.  Then when you find another set of seats of the correct vintage, it won't matter what color they are or what shape the covers are in.  Just swap on the covers.  If you've never messed with upholstery, just take your time, perhaps watch a video or two, I'm sure there are some out there.  The only thing you will have to do is cut a slit in the side of the upper cushions for the flip forward lever.  My seat frames and seat covers came from two different rigs, and the covers were from a 4 door XJ, so I had to cut the opening for the lever.

And you have to watch those darn eBay sellers, many times they list something as fitting "84-96", when that often isn't the case.

On 3/24/2024 at 2:14 AM, AZJeff said:

The Corbeau seats I put in my Comanche are really quite awesome.   They are VERY comfortable, with firm cushions and nice bolsters.  I put in ones that recline, with adjustable lumbar support, in an all-cloth covering (you don't want leather in the AZ sun, unless you want the backs of your thighs fried.)

My ONLY complaint is that there is a small plastic piece that covers the recliner mechanism, and the screw boss broke off on the cover on both the driver's and passenger's side.   I think it was overtighted at the factory, and the piece is not tolerant of such aggressive assembly.

I was able to fabricate a small metal piece to replace the broken hollow plastic boss, and reassembled it all back together, good as new.

Otherwise, they are GREAT seats.  They are not terribly expensive, but that's sort of relative, because virtually ALL new replacement seats are a substantial investment.

The AZ bit is so true. In 2015/2016 I lived in Flagstaff and frequented Phoenix. I'll always live with the painful reminded of what happened to my thighs as I had to drive a 2004 Mustang GT with charcoal leather seats and the whole car was dark gray in and out. 

Sage, sage advice.

I ended up getting the corbeau seat brackets fro my MJ, I haven’t picked the seats yet but i think ill go with the Moabs. The brackets fit nicely on the MJ seat studs. I found a nice XJ console as well,