New Rock Slider Option Coming Soon

7 minutes ago, fiatslug87 said:

I think someone is using their bed armor. Maybe they will make sport bars since they have one.

That would be cool!

4 hours ago, 75sv1 said:

I think I bought their rear frame stiffeners for an XJ. Seemed as good as others. IRO, and Hooligan. 

Good to know!

3 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Let us know if you get any pics. Been considering something for rock sliders

Will do. I emailed them last week with no response yet. I’m probably going to give them a call at some point. 

I was just recently considering the notion of foregoing brand new rocker panels in favor of rock sliders. My rockers are totally shot, so bad even the bottom of the door is shot. 

But... I don't have 4x4 and I don't plan on taking the Pioneer out on any trails any day soon. I wonder if rock sliders would be work it? I dunno, part of me feels that because it's likely to be tougher steel it's probably a better idea. Let me know if I'm crazy. 

12 minutes ago, Spinnakerblue89 said:

I was just recently considering the notion of foregoing brand new rocker panels in favor of rock sliders. My rockers are totally shot, so bad even the bottom of the door is shot. 

But... I don't have 4x4 and I don't plan on taking the Pioneer out on any trails any day soon. I wonder if rock sliders would be work it? I dunno, part of me feels that because it's likely to be tougher steel it's probably a better idea. Let me know if I'm crazy. 

Rock sliders hang below the body, so you’d see a large gap there. Rockers aren’t too bad to do on these trucks. And you can pull the doors off of any 4 door XJ. I’d recommend putting rockers and doors on it and foregoing rock sliders. 

15 hours ago, Spinnakerblue89 said:

In the XJ world sometimes this is referred to as Boat sides.  I am planning it for an XJ project. So, in lew of tubes or square tubes hanging down and out, a channel  of square tube in welded in place of the rocker panels. There are some kits for this. 

22 hours ago, Spinnakerblue89 said:

You’re considering welding in square tube or something in place of the rockers?

If resale value is a concern I wouldn’t do it. It’s also questionable if you ever need to undergo a safety inspection of any kind. Generally the rule is that sort of repair is required to be “substantially similar to original” and welding in square tube is probably not going to be that. While there’s probably an argument to be made it’ll be stronger than original, no one doing an inspection is qualified to make that assessment. But it’ll obviously depend on the inspector.
Other downsides include added weight and something I discovered this winter, if you leave them poking out just below the door like I did, ice, snow, or mud can accumulate and make it difficult to open your door. Its also just a little bit further to step around on the way out. 

Here are pictures of their long bed sliders, this was all that they had a picture of at the time. I'm thinking this is the route I am going to go for my truck. 

PXL_20220629_144038087.jpg.4e7ed812e03932ddbece7e64b4806deb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2024 at 6:46 PM, 89 MJ said:

Here are pictures of their long bed sliders, this was all that they had a picture of at the time. I'm thinking this is the route I am going to go for my truck. 

PXL_20220629_144038087.jpg.4e7ed812e03932ddbece7e64b4806deb.jpg

Obviously you will need to post pictures of them when you get them! Please :applause:

2 hours ago, Drahcir495 said:

Obviously you will need to post pictures of them when you get them! Please :applause:

If I get them, I’ll definitely post a picture!