Coolant Help!

NEED HELP! I'm totally stupid when it comes to the comanche coolant system. i had to change a coolant hose the other day and lost some coolant in the process. i added some to the overfill tank but i don't think any went back into the system. i have ran it and got it up to temp a few times and still don't notice a change in volume in the overfill tank. I'm not totally sure how much coolant i lost but i would have thought more would have left the overfill by now. my question is, can i just remove the coolant reservoir cap and run it to get the air out of the system? also, is it bad to run it with air in the system? i have the dummy light and its never come on so i don't think its over heated yet. but i don't know if having air in the system is a problem or not. any help or advice would be appreciated.

9 minutes ago, Smokeyyank said:

Since you have a closed system you have to burp it properly.

Look through this

i did loosen the smaller hose on the thermostat housing and coolant started coming out. does that mean there's enough coolant in the system? i keep seeing bubbling in the coolant reservoir so i figured that the air was trapped and needed to get out somehow.

When ever I've had cooling system issues on my Renix Comanche, I've just topped off the tank and let it circulate to get the air back to the expansion tank.  Checked it a few times in the coming days and topped it off until it no longer needed more topping off.  

That said the most important thing is to make sure the system holds pressure and no longer leaks.  

If the only hose you pulled off was the upper radiator hose, you shouldn’t have lost too much coolant. Especially if you didn’t pull the thermostat housing off. A hose worth of air in the top of the radiator isn’t going to cause any problems. The upper hose is the inlet to the radiator, and the air isn’t going to flow down the radiator to get stuck somewhere else in the cooling system.

If you weren’t worried about anything before you changed the hose there’s probably nothing for you to need to worry about if it’s not overheating and nothing’s hitting the ground.