1992 MJ ... Nobody loves it ... I want it ...

BLHTAZ

Found this MJ just sitting in a shopping center parking lot. I noticed it sittng there when I went to the post office on Christmas eve. It was still there on the 26th so I saw some construction workers doing some remodeling in the shpping center and went to see if anyone knew who it belonged too. They said that it had been there for "several" days now, but nobody knew anything about it. It has a current tag on it so I traced it to the owner and found that he lives right across the street. I went to his house, but no one was home so I have have written and mailed him a letter to try to buy it.

It's a bit beat up, but it has a 4.0L, AX15, nice bucket seats, light bar, 124K miles. Here's a few pics I snapped...

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

If he won't sell it to you, tell him that a Yankee wants to buy it!!
That would be true as I am from PA originally...not far from you either (you may already know that though).

He is 59 years old and his name is Jose Rafael Piedra. ;)

I got all of his info from his tag...birth date, DL #, address etc, etc... :D

You're an MJ stalker :D ........I do it too.

+ 3 you should here my girl cuss when I bout run off the road looking through junk yards while driving!! I like driving though the country on searches too... But hey, it works, I found a few just sitting in fields and what not on those drives...

You might want to try talking to the mall supervisor or whatever,, they may just let you tow it out of there, and then charge the guy a storage fee, serves him right just letting it sit there dying from thirst... It's inhumane I say! If he doesn't want it (as it seems) he should just say "The he!! with it",,, then your out what 40 bucks the most??

My letter should get to him today, so we'll see if there is any response.

I have a truck & trailer to haul it away on and I have friends in the towing business, so I have some options if needed ;) .

The primary reasons that I am wanting this one is for the seats and light bar :D . I am also thinking about swapping the AX15 in to our '88. We talked about taking what is good from it...replacing it with the worn out stuff from the '88 and then making the '92 a trail beater. We have friends that own a business up in Mineral Bluff, GA (just outside Blue Ridge) called Blue Ridge 4x4 and they are only about 30 minutes from Tellico so we may try to take it up there and keep it there to go play with.

Damn...this is almost like trying to adopt a child...we (wife included) are going to be completely broken hearted if this doesn't work out :rotfl2: My wife is already talking about what to do with it to make it a good trail machine... jamminz.gif :cheers:

pong, what else is close to middlesex, i know that i know where it is but i can't seem to place it. i was curious where this yard is you are referring to. i need to find some close to me. i know there is one in the charlottesville area, cosner's, but i need to map out all the others w/in 1 hour radius. i think there is a good source in the lynchburg area, but that's a little further.

jt, i went to hampden-sydney college outside of farmville, fyi.

sorry to get off topic guys..........

pong, what else is close to middlesex, i know that i know where it is but i can't seem to place it. i was curious where this yard is you are referring to. i need to find some close to me. i know there is one in the charlottesville area, cosner's, but i need to map out all the others w/in 1 hour radius. i think there is a good source in the lynchburg area, but that's a little further.

jt, i went to hampden-sydney college outside of farmville, fyi.

sorry to get off topic guys..........

Good school.. I know where its at, they just had a big alumni bash last month. You know a guy Gorden Johnson? He married my cuz. Alecia Daves a few years back. Her dad owned Performance Counts, a shop in Farmville that builds race engines. Had many crazy nights at the hitching post and around campus' farms.. It's been awhile since I've been back there.. Next trip I'll have to let you know.

Well...it appears that this one is not going to work out :cry: . The Comanche disappeard from the parking lot sometime on Saturday. I am going to make a trip by the guys house in hopes that he finally took it home and it didn't get towed, but since I have not heard from him or anyone from my notes left on the truck, I guess it's not to be this time.

contact the mall management, it could be that they got tired of seeing it sitting there and had it towed somewhere.
If it's not in his driveway when I drive by tonight, I will do just that.

It does seem strange to pursue something like this, but is has so much to offer for what could be a very small investment.

contact the mall management, it could be that they got tired of seeing it sitting there and had it towed somewhere.
If it's not in his driveway when I drive by tonight, I will do just that.

It does seem strange to pursue something like this, but is has so much to offer for what could be a very small investment.

Not strange at all; I fully understand and say pursue this 92 to the ground; I would. :cheers: If you get it, you'll will have one of only 952 produced in it's last production year. GO FOR IT!! :D :D

Well...I am left to believe that he must care some about it as I went by the owners house last night and it is there parked in his driveway. Guess I will casully watch it since he lives only a couple miles from me and hope that he kept my info from the letter and will call one day when he's ready to sell.

Well...I am left to believe that he must care some about it as I went by the owners house last night and it is there parked in his driveway. Guess I will casully watch it since he lives only a couple miles from me and hope that he kept my info from the letter and will call one day when he's ready to sell.

note what other cars are there when you drive by, and stop in when they're there. then you can ask. he'll remember your face and think of you when he does want to get rid of it by doing it that way.