which would you repalce first?

rotted battery cables

smashed crossmember

smashed oil pan

radiator and heater core full of rusty nastiness instead of any trace of antifreeze

tail harness hacked up so bad none of the lights worked right

it's hypothetical of course, because the answer is: all of the above.  :fistshake2:  this poor truck suffers immensely from a condition I call previousowneritis. :(  but all of these items (and many, many more) will be fixed before handing it back to the owner. :D 

IMG_20230220_135718_181.jpg

IMG_20230220_141952_086.jpg

IMG_20230220_141940_972.jpg

IMG_20230220_135723_414.jpg

Radiator issues might cause overheating quickly, depending on environment, and for that reason might be #1.

If oil pan shows signs of cracks, that's right up there as well.

You are going to need taillights if you want to drive it on a public road, so that might be the next issue.

The crossmember, as pathetic as it looks, is near the bottom.   Thank God that XJ pieces fit here just fine, as there are a bazillion of those out there.

Actually I agree more on the radiator. I'm driving around with a tiny leak as we speak but it does cool very well. I know that engine circulating old rusty coolant it has to be aching for some nice clean coolant. If you pan isn't showing weakness it could wait for now perhaps. But those battery cables look like they may be.....a potential fire hazard? No one wants to see a charred 'manche:sad:

My vote is for the battery cables. I don't think I've seen a set that bad. I'm thinking electrical fire. Next would be the radiator. Also, any pictures of the brake lines? Those go, it could be a an interesting ride. OK, I do see the brake lines. Look clean. 

On 2/20/2023 at 3:13 PM, Pete M said:

rotted battery cables

smashed crossmember

smashed oil pan

radiator and heater core full of rusty nastiness instead of any trace of antifreeze

tail harness hacked up so bad none of the lights worked right

it's hypothetical of course, because the answer is: all of the above.  :fistshake2:  this poor truck suffers immensely from a condition I call previousowneritis. :(  but all of these items (and many, many more) will be fixed before handing it back to the owner. :D 

IMG_20230220_135718_181.jpg

IMG_20230220_141952_086.jpg

IMG_20230220_141940_972.jpg

IMG_20230220_135723_414.jpg

I don't remember selling you one of my turds.