Junkyard Haul

Warren99

Got a few things from Pull-a-part ATL South today. Most significant find was some ROL lights. I remember reading a thread about the 3 different types of OEM fog lights but I don't remember anything about them, besides ROL being most prone to rust, and I couldn't find the thread. 

IMG_5336.jpg

I got them off of an 87 XJ Laredo. The chrome bumper was pretty straight and I debated getting it, but they made a custom frame strengthener thing, and drilled right through the front of the bumper to mount it. 

IMG_5334.jpg

IMG_5333.jpg

Center console is gone, pretty sure all of the inside door handles were gone, the door skins were in "usable" condition at least. All of the power window guts seemed to be there. IMG_5331.jpg

Not really to fond of Dakotas, but they don't look that bad. Here is an LE, with seemingly what was probably every interior option you could get, as well as a v8. I was tempted to get the bench seat, but it's still there if anyone else wants it. IMG_5324.jpg

IMG_5329.jpg

IMG_5328.jpg

I know Dakota lights aren't MJ lights, but would they be worth getting and trying to sell if they are in this condition?

IMG_5335.jpg

Funnily enough this dude rolled up to the junkyard in a really clean Dakota convertible, 1 of 3,759 according to a quick google search. Never thought I'd see one of those.

34 minutes ago, gogmorgo said:

Dakota bumper’s been done, don’t think it would bolt straight on tho. 

Thanks.  Happen to have a pic of an MJ with one?   It looks like it might be complimentary without looking too massive for a small truck (which I want to achieve).?  Happen to know if they are available new?  Years?

I managed to find a junked Comanche about 4 hours away from me at a junkyard that had a manual window regulator about mid last year. Mine was stripped so they mailed it to me. I was thinking of asking for the tail lights too but I didn't want to be greedy and take them when someone over in that area may desperately need them. I always try and take what I need, not what I want

If you’ve got the means to grab stuff sometimes it’s better to do so. Some yards hang onto stuff until it’s picked clean, but others will only let a vehicle sit for a certain amount of time before they crush it to make room for new inventory. 

I probably should have got them. But I was just trying to be considerate of the area since it was up towards the mountains and I know CC members are up that way and do check scrapyards. But Definitely if I get a shot from another I'll pick all the valuables my trunk on my car can hold and hold on to a thing or two and sell the rest here to ones that need it. 

Yeah, for rare parts as long as you can afford it, just grab them, and if you want someone else to get better use out of them, sell them for what you paid for it. And in the case of those taillights for example, if you get them and hold onto them waiting to find someone who needs them, you never know what could happen to yours, then you'll have a spare set. 

There’s also this weird thing that happened at my favourite wrecking yard. They crush nothing until it’s picked clean, but they stopped letting people into the yard to pick their own parts, and their inventory system is spotty at best. They’ve got a half-dozen MJs, but they’re not all in inventory and the parts on them haven’t really been added to the inventory system at all. But if they can’t find the thing in their inventory, they won’t go pull it for you. So unless they start letting people pull their own parts again, they’re just going to rot into the ground.