Upgrade your windshield wipers for GOOD! 2001 XJ wiper motor swap

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Airborne Janitor, thanks a TON for the step-by-step! My brother @jamespwsullivan just installed a '99 motor. We added a ground wire and re-bushed the linkage. We found that Weather Pack makes a nice round 5-pin M/F shell pair so we installed those to keep the connections dry.

Via bench testing, we found that the '87 reman motor (almost 0 miles since install) and the '99 motor operated at about the same speed on Low but the '99 was definitely faster (more wipes per minute) on High.

10 hours ago, kentsu66 said:

@Airborne Janitor, thanks a TON for the step-by-step! My brother @jamespwsullivan just installed a '99 motor. We added a ground wire and re-bushed the linkage. We found that Weather Pack makes a nice round 5-pin M/F shell pair so we installed those to keep the connections dry.

Via bench testing, we found that the '87 reman motor (almost 0 miles since install) and the '99 motor operated at about the same speed on Low but the '99 was definitely faster (more wipes per minute) on High.

Glad it helped! For anyone reading I have a 2000 XJ motor with the renix plug already soldered on for sale. All you gotta do is bolt it in!