4.0l renix not starting

On 11/30/2022 at 4:06 AM, cruiser54 said:

So, it has spark at the plugs, right? Blue and not orange? 

How are you checking for fuel? With a gauge or just depressing the schrader valve on the fuel rail?

I can smell it, plus it has a leak somewhere around the number 1 injector. It doesn't have spark at the plug, I've narrowed it down to the points and condenser. Is there any write-ups about replacing them?

On 11/29/2022 at 7:53 PM, jpnjake said:

Pull the distributor cap and make sure the cap and rotor look healthy 

Cap and rotor look almost brand new.

22 minutes ago, TurboedMJ said:

I can smell it, plus it has a leak somewhere around the number 1 injector. It doesn't have spark at the plug, I've narrowed it down to the points and condenser. Is there any write-ups about replacing them?

Cap and rotor look almost brand new.

Your MJ was built about 15 years too late for points and condenser unless someone swapped something real old school in there. In which case all bets are off, who knows what was done.

Spark comes from the coil, to the centre distributor button, through the rotor and back to the cap, and from there to the spark plugs. If the coil's good, and you've got spark at the coil and not at the plugs then there's really only four things it could be, distributor cap, rotor, the wire from the coil to the distributor, or else there's so much wobble in the distributor shaft the rotor isn't coming close enough to the contacts on the cap. It's very unlikely all your spark plug wires died or shorted at the same time, and a timing problem wouldn't leave you completely without spark.

22 minutes ago, gogmorgo said:

the wire from the coil to the distributor

Tested that with an inline spark tester, it's still good. I'll replace the cap and rotor and see what happens. 

Edited by TurboedMJ
Changed "online" to "inline"