91 SporTruck, short, 5 spd, 4x2, Hammonton, NJ - $8995

1 hour ago, acfortier said:

What is that mirror on the driver's side? Doesn't look like there is one on the passenger's side?

This MJ is base. That’s the flag mirror that was found on 84-92 Jeeps and it’s a cheap alternative that looks silly but worked. Chances are who ever ordered it probably got only one mirror. 

What is that mirror on the driver's side? Doesn't look like there is one on the passenger's side?

It's a factory option. I've owned a few with them. I think they were typically found on very base model early h.o. MJ and Xj or at least it's all I've seen them on. Also I'd add I want to say 2.5 2wd models usually sport models. I've seen one of the part numbers still floating around with nos stock available but for some reason they don't seem the same as what I had and look more like a CJ or TJ mirror. It might just be the difference of a trim cap but the ones on the trucks I've owned and have come across were tiny and about impossible to see out of unless you were  4' tall with the seat entirely back driving around. Also I've never seen them in the passenger side of the Jeep had that style. They have a different type of mirror delete setup as well if I recall correctly.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/13011_2000.htm

These look similar to OEM and available however they added a K to the part # I'm familiar with.

https://www.morris4x4center.com/mirror-left-side-for-full-hard-doors-55027207.html

Another option or....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/292959844842

But I can't say for sure if it's right. It's been a long time since I've seen one. Lol, there's probably a half dozen in my garage floating around.

This is Mike Barrett's truck.

Also, my 91 MJ had those horrible flag mirrors. It had them on both sides, however. They were truly awful. Nothing to be sought after, and they left four nasty holes in the doors that needed to be filled and caused rust underneath the mounting points.

My 91 Sportruck had the flag mirrors as well.  Driver and passenger, however the pass side was a slightly different design, that I didn't really pick up on until I had them off and comparing them. The driver side was mounted with machine screws that went into a plate that was pop riveted to the inside of the door.  The pass side was held on with sheet metal screws.  I think the pass side was dealer or owner added.

3 hours ago, howeitsdone said:

Anyone else notice the blend of clusters? lol looks like they kept the original speedo instead of swapping the odometer over. My OCD alarm is firing

I noticed that too, though I do love the blue cluster more than the black/red one. I didn't think you could use the blue cluster gauges for HOs.

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2022 at 12:47 PM, acfortier said:

I noticed that too, though I do love the blue cluster more than the black/red one. I didn't think you could use the blue cluster gauges for HOs.

Blue faced gauges were still an option in the HO years.

IMG_3979.JPG

• 3 weeks later...